West Bend 820 Powered Scrambler Survivor (Un-Flexed Flexo Finally Finished)

Thanks for all the compliments... I'd be lying if I said "oh I just build them for myself, I don't care what anybody else thinks"....

I really do care what others think.....and it's rewarding to get the approval of the other enthusiasts on here because I know just how knowledgeable and talented they are and passionate about preserving the hobby. The fun for me is in the research...the sharing of knowledge......and the comradery it brings.

I'm calling this one "done"...onto the next challenge...

Last edited:
Man my plate is really full right now...I have to stay away from the Classifieds!!

I promised Jack Spitler I would have his old Bonanza drag bike at Windber...he said he would drive over from Ohio to see it so I don't want to let him down.

Also have the "Christmas Trike Reduxe" with Steve Durham going...a Powell in the wings..and a Tri-Cat that Peekster talked me into buying....:facepalm:

I guess it would help if I wasn't on here 12 hrs a day....:rolleyes:

We need a start up vid !!!:hammer: Lets hear this bad boy !!!
I'll do that as soon as the weather breaks....I had the stuffer plate and intake off and everything looks good inside...shot some lube into all the critical areas. I could peek into the side ports and see the rings are nice and free...and it's got good "pop".....it barks loud just pulling it over slow.

The only thing I'm concerned about is the crank seals...they are probably the originals so I have no idea if they are dried out, cracked, etc......I guess I'll find out.

JTG

That's an awe-inspiring transformation. I don't know if everyone remembers all the metal work you did and still preserved the 40 year old original paint. It's just remarkable how well you made it all come together. This bike has a very rich history and it's talented guys like you that keep it alive.

Thanks JTG......

You were in my head the whole time, I'm thinking "if I screw this bike up that Tracy Geiger will never forgive me ".....:hammer:

Thanks again for the help...:thumbsup:

Hey KKK start it and do a burnout already!!!! Great job as usual !! Did you ever think of going into business restoring bikes you seem to have quite a knack for it!!! Can't wait to see this one running and then the next one in line!!! Again super Kool nice job!!!:thumbsup: