what are they?

bandit 40

I found these in a friends garage, are they Rupp continental? Or did Rupp use these on a lot of bikes? I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with them yet, and the tires are original but cracked, and has the sprocket and break assembly.

jmbmini

Rupp wheels for sure. Were used on all the 60s bikes but there is a few different ones depending on the model and the brake options and sprocket option. Show the sprocket side and brakes and I'll tell you what models they were used on.

Last edited:

bandit 40

Rupp wheels for sure. Were used on all the 60s bikes but there is a few different ones depending on the model and the brake options and sprocket option. Show the sprocket side and brakes and I'll tell you what models they were used on.
Here is a shot of the sprocket side as well. I not sure whether these are salvageable or not.
And these are the 6" wheels.

You can definitely fix those up and they will look sweet. I had a set in similar shape that I was too cheap to have rechromed. I just sandblasted them. Hit them with primer and then some of this metallic silver wheel paint I got at Autozone. Total cost was less than $10. Here's a picture of them on the bike.

bandit 40

Thanks :smile: all you guys for the info and pics, Im gonna clean them up and see what they look like and possibly use them on my future chopper build.....
We will Gitrdun Paul :hammer::hammer: