what do you guys do about snitchy neighbors?

so, let me explain.
today i was riding as usual (3pm to 4pm)
when suddenly there was this guy yelling at me to stop.
so i stop.
he says if i ride at 7:30 again (which i didn't) he will call the cops (really dosent phase me, i heard this crap a lot when i rode dirt bikes)
then (here's the real winner) the guy says he saw me riding my "other mini bike" that was camo. ( again BS because i only have 1 bike)
so, what should i do? im not going to ride there as he's probably going to call the cops for real next time.
any other suggestions (btw he's looks like he's in his mid 50's)
and just to give you some perspective, im about twice his height. (im 6ft)

Maybe put a quiet exhaust on it. I bet it's the noise he doesn't like, especially of he's griping about someone riding at 7:30.
Joe
I have a stock exhaust right now, I don't think get much quieter.
I'm just going to stop riding near him all together. I found a old trail that no one uses anymore, I don't want to end up as the "annoying neighbor"
(Btw he's not really my neighbor, I just ride at the baseball field that's next to him)

Last edited:
I have to wonder why the height of a neighbor has anything to do with your willingness to accede to his wishes. Many of us OldMiniBikes denizens were pissing off the neighbors in the 70's, and have since learned coexistence is preferable to confiscation, and citations.

I have to wonder why the height of a neighbor has anything to do with your willingness to accede to his wishes. Many of us OldMiniBikes denizens were pissing off the neighbors in the 70's, and have since learned coexistence is preferable to confiscation, and citations.
I've been over this already but, the reason I posted this is because I cant see why this would make him vexed. As I was just having some enjoyment on my mini bike.
I really don't care or wish to denote him by his height, but was funny to make the joke In my mind.
There are no "no motor vehicles" signs anywhere so I'm not breaking any laws (in theory) but I've since concluded that I'm not going to ride there anymore.
But I appreciate your response.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

olddog

I've been over this already but, the reason I posted this is because I cant see why this would make him vexed. As I was just having some enjoyment on my mini bike.
I really don't care or wish to denote him by his height, but was funny to make the joke In my mind.
There are no "no motor vehicles" signs anywhere so I'm not breaking any laws (in theory) but I've since concluded that I'm not going to ride there anymore.
But I appreciate your response.

"no motor vehicles", man I just lost my coffee.....

I'm in my mid 50's, 6'2" 235lbs (figured you'd want to know).

Seriously, as a kid my friends and I would annoy people when we rode on land where it was legal, riding on a baseball field would have gotten us in trouble real quick, of course those were 2 stokes, loud...really loud.

Mini bikes engines don't bother me, but I can understand them bothering some folks.

i had that for a breif time, they complained about many other things as well along with vehicle parking alongside the street where it was allowed, locations of flowers my gf had planted along the property, even tree branches that overhung their property line. They complained about my mini a few time. It resulted in me mowing with my push mower every sat and sun morning with the muffler removed for about a month, no issues with my mini after that.

"no motor vehicles", man I just lost my coffee.....

I'm in my mid 50's, 6'2" 235lbs (figured you'd want to know).

Seriously, as a kid my friends and I would annoy people when we rode on land where it was legal, riding on a baseball field would have gotten us in trouble real quick, of course those were 2 stokes, loud...really loud.

Mini bikes engines don't bother me, but I can understand them bothering some folks.
I mean, I don't think anyone is going to be playing baseball in snow any time soon.
Thanks for your height, I needed that info, i don't talk to people 3ft and under.
(I'm joking of course, for those people who don't get jokes)

i had that for a breif time, they complained about many other things as well along with vehicle parking alongside the street where it was allowed, locations of flowers my gf had planted along the property, even tree branches that overhung their property line. They complained about my mini a few time. It resulted in me mowing with my push mower every sat and sun morning with the muffler removed for about a month, no issues with my mini after that.
Nice, I should probably mowe his lawn for free, one good dog should do it ;)

People reach a certain age where they have nothing better to do but complain about others enjoyment. I have a park/ field behind my house that maybe 5 kids a year use. I used to ride my baja around the outer edge not bothering no one or tearing up the grass. Of course some grumpy old man had to threaten to call the cops saying I'm destroying the park for the kids. I'm literally not kidding when I say maybe 5 people a year are ever seen using the park, in actually surprised the town hasn't rezoned it for houses.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

People reach a certain age where they have nothing better to do but complain about others enjoyment. I have a park/ field behind my house that maybe 5 kids a year use. I used to ride my baja around the outer edge not bothering no one or tearing up the grass. Of course some grumpy old man had to threaten to call the cops saying I'm destroying the park for the kids. I'm literally not kidding when I say maybe 5 people a year are ever seen using the park, in actually surprised the town hasn't rezoned it for houses.

I'm in the same boat, the baseball field is only used ONCE by are town, and I've never seen anyone else use it. It's not even a good baseball field, it just has that back fence and the rest is just grass.
no bases, no benches, not even a fence around it.

It seems as though Mr. Neighbor is more irked at the fellow on the cammo mini than he is at you. Perhaps you could figure out how to track down and connect w/the other guy, maybe w/Mr. Neighbor's assistance. You could make two new friends and get synched on the best time and place to ride that doesn't piss off others. Fun level goes up, conflict level goes down, and everyone is a little happier. Also, just because some old short guy is yelling at you doesn't mean that he's a hypersensitive grouch. It could actually be that your behavior is annoying.

It seems as though Mr. Neighbor is more irked at the fellow on the cammo mini than he is at you. Perhaps you could figure out how to track down and connect w/the other guy, maybe w/Mr. Neighbor's assistance. You could make two new friends and get synched on the best time and place to ride that doesn't piss off others. Fun level goes up, conflict level goes down, and everyone is a little happier. Also, just because some old short guy is yelling at you doesn't mean that he's a hypersensitive grouch. It could actually be that your behavior is annoying.
That's how it seems, I just got back from riding (1 hour trip) and I didn't hear him today, guess he wasn't home.
I've seen a guy with a Coleman ct200u-ex once, but that was a year and a half ago.
It might be the Same guy, I don't know.
But I'm not judging the neighbor yet, but time will tell.

If I had to guess the kid riding around on the camo bike probably is running no muffler annoying the crap out of everyone. Seriously I don't see how anyone can ride these with a open header. I tried once to see if they're was any performance gain and didn't make it 3 houses down the street before I turned around.

If I had to guess the kid riding around on the camo bike probably is running no muffler annoying the crap out of everyone. Seriously I don't see how anyone can ride these with a open header. I tried once to see if they're was any performance gain and didn't make it 3 houses down the street before I turned around.

I mean, that coleamn was loud, I could hear it near my house when he was riding at the baseball field 4 blocks down.

I try only to ride from noon to 7 pm in the summer and in the winter months my son and I only ride in the afternoon. No problems yet but I am sure at some point there will be a grumpy neighbor calling the cops. Every Neighborhood seems to have one or two guys that want to ruin the fun for everyone. Be respectful and ride on.