What Engine?

Got a new style DB30. Can't decide what engine to get. Thought about a yellow clone. And a Honda G160. I have no clue. What would you guys put in it. Trying to stay around 200. Thanks.

Got a new style DB30. Can't decide what engine to get. Thought about a yellow clone. And a Honda G160. I have no clue. What would you guys put in it. Trying to stay around 200. Thanks.
Ive been beating the heck out of my harbor freight 212cc predator. I pulled off the factory springs and made my own throttle linkage and the darn thing will not die. It runs like a top and has ZERO issues. They go on sale every 3 months for 99.00.

Have any of you guys put the new Predator on a NEW style db30? I can't find a clear answer on if it will fit without modifications.

Thanks,
Ian

JPT

Have any of you guys put the new Predator on a NEW style db30? I can't find a clear answer on if it will fit without modifications.

Thanks,
Ian
Hi there,
I just put a Predator 212 (purchased 10/8/2011) in my new style DB last week. It will fit, BUT I did have to bend the rear fender hoop back towards the tire to clear the valve cover. NOTE - I did not use an aftermarket motor mount plate either (was anxious to get it going), the mount may help by being able to raise the motor and slide it forward more allowing the valve cover room and then no need to bend rear hoop.

JPT

Hi there,
I just put a Predator 212 (purchased 10/8/2011) in my new style DB last week. It will fit, BUT I did have to bend the rear fender hoop back towards the tire to clear the valve cover. NOTE - I did not use an aftermarket motor mount plate either (was anxious to get it going), the mount may help by being able to raise the motor and slide it forward more allowing the valve cover room and then no need to bend rear hoop.

That bike looks great:thumbsup: I am getting a new style db and i am thinking about doing the engine swap in the near future but the two things that i think are the most important are the engines reliability and of course the speed and power. so does the motor really increase speed and is it very reliable?
Thanks!

That bike looks great:thumbsup: I am getting a new style db and i am thinking about doing the engine swap in the near future but the two things that i think are the most important are the engines reliability and of course the speed and power. so does the motor really increase speed and is it very reliable?
Thanks!
Yep.... and yep

TomH

with a clone, you get 1.5 more H.P. Will run on the crap fuel we have to work with, bike isn't a hallowed "collectable", its made in China anyway. You can keep it stock, or can buy aftermarket parts to upgrade as you go along. Got no beef with any other motor you can put in one, but a clone will get you going. Probably more members have a bike with this setup than anything else.