What is it?

A friend who lived in Turkey many years ago gave me this contraption. It looks like it's supposed to have a primer cap or something with the spring holding back a hammer. Anyone recognize this?

what is it

in turkey back it time i was told by older cuz, that in turkey if a man was
caught stealing they would cut off his finger, so others would know about
him,i wonder what would happen 9 more times ? i never found out if it was
true,looks to heavy to be a mouse trap,:confused::confused::scooter:

It looks like a booby trap, if you where to bury it pointing up and some on stepped on the trigger? Is definitely looks like it would take a cap/muzzel loader type thing?

It looks like a booby trap, if you where to bury it pointing up and some on stepped on the trigger? Is definitely looks like it would take a cap/muzzel loader type thing?

Hmmm.. pointing up? If there were enough space to allow the spring hammer to move freely. Someone else suggested pointing down, a mole trap?

Whatever it is, the bore of the barrel is about 9/16th ". Overall length about 11".

I woulda said homemade Zip Gun.... But thats just nuts

and a mousetrap? blast a hole in your wall.... lol

What about a prairie dog trap or similar animal? pop outa hole and boom

Would it be out of the world war eras for resistance fighters or spys?

Last edited:
I woulda said homemade Zip Gun.... But thats just nuts

and a mousetrap? blast a hole in your wall.... lol

What about a prairie dog trap or similar animal? pop outa hole and boom

Would it be out of the world war eras for resistance fighters or spys?

The loop on the end that triggers it would be about right sized for prairie dogs. Does Turkey have prairie dogs?

Not a clue, Im sure they have some generic rodent that would be similar

Load it with a buncha birdshot, and you have the ultimate mouse trap... Dont wanna clean it up tho

what is it

It looks like something an engineer friend made a few years ago to shoot gophers in his garden. You load it with black powder and round ball, prine it and carfully insert it into the gopher hole. When the gopher tries to fill the hole it pushes the the wire and boom... no gopher. The only problem was sometimes the gopher would push the dirt and not trip the hammer. Then it was fun removing the device. It only worked a couple of times. :gun_bandana: