What is this, please?

botton

hi, folks, great site, lots of info here, appreciate that.

I grew up on a Rupp Roadster 2,in the mid seventies. lost track of that one...bummer.

I have a grandson and I want to build his first bike.

I thought of another Rupp, I'd still like to find one I could bring back to life. I found this instead:

I think it's a Rupp knock off, not home made, though. Being a mechanical engineer, I can tell.

My question is, anybody ever seen one of these?

The big distinguishing difference is the only way I can see to adjust the secondary chain is a slot at the rear wheel pivot, or a chain tensioner that is no longer there.

From the manufactured design I think it is American made.

Thanks for the help in this

Attachments

botton

I've been looking a long time for any info on this one, couldn't find anything really like it, exactly.

thanks for the help, now the rebuild fun begins...I'm used to old wings, but this should be ok too.

markus

There was a really nice example of one of those that was on ebay earlier this year, I uploaded the pic to the site for reference because you rarely see them. maybe they will help:

Might want to check the connection where the rear frame rail meets the jackshaft tube.....yours looks like its had the bubble gum weld treatment done to it.

Here was another Old school pic of one that surfaced recently as well, different year than the one above but it could not have been too far off as both of these would be between 72-74. The previous year version bikes that were comparable in the arco lineup to the buccaneer were called ARX-K and they were a slightly different frame setup....and hs40 powered