What is this???????

I picked up this frame the guy said that it was all original.....It has a sticker on the front that reads Galaxie---and then under it a earth logo???? Any ideas? Thanks

Last edited:
no, I need to re-do the brakets that hold the seat in because its been rusted through each braket.....the frame just has some surface rust!! If i just run a sand paper piece over it it comes right off.....I am really going to enjoy this one!!:weld:

delray

jmbmini, your exhaust. is that what you call self lubricant:doah::thumbsup:

had this seat around for a while and been thinking about using it for a project someday. never really new what it may have been for? looks to be the same as yours. my is purple with metal flake. never been on a minibike frame. still looks brand new.

i like this picture with your kid? on the minibike. looks cool with large rear tire on it and mag wheels. looks like something from the 70's:thumbsup:

I believe those seats may have been the aftermarket seat of those days, and may have also came on some bikes new. Most likely smaller companies that found it easier to get them from a vendor rather than design their own.

My MiniMate has one on it and I think it may be original. Seems like Regis was getting parts wherever he could in that year or 2 that he built the MiniMates.

BTW, I have a purple seat just like that one too that I got a couple years ago.

Did you recently get that one off ebay? I just seen another one recently.

delray

i was thinking that too injuntom, i thought i have seen this type of seat on other bikes?,but was not sure:eek:ut:
had this seat for couple years. i did see one on ebay couple months ago:thumbsup:

First I would like to say that the WD-40 thing is not my doing or the minibikes or is the kid my kid. This was a website that someone sent to me for reference on the Power-Dyne minibike that they found on the net. The purple seat you have I have seen on Axelander-Reynolds Easyrider models. It is the same seat but in purple metal flake. They must have used the same seat vendor.

Hey guys-
I'm new on here.. I think I bought the purple seat on Ebay recently- got it for a purple chopper project..Grasshopper maybe...I have been reading(quietly) all the posts for awhile,but never joined in.. (ashamed!) I am way past the point of addiction..maybe 15 minis or so ago..After Easter lunch today, I'm driving 120 miles to check out another Rupp roller for 50 bux, off Craigslist. Will try to post pics of some of my minis later, I'm great at taking pictures of 'em, not so great with computers!

Rupp,Ruttman,Sears,Gilson,Montg Wards,:scooter::scooter:Allis Chalmers,::scooter:

Scott