What is up with this briggs?????

I got a briggs block free from a guy and put a carb on it and put some mystery oil on the piston and the valves aliened the timing and cleaned the gas tank with all new carb gaskets 3(engine and carb, carb and gas tank, side of carb) I tried to start it and after five minutes of it starting and then dieing it finally started and ran at around 2700 rpms (a rough guess) and then it slowly died and just gave me a small back fire and quit now all as i get is a pop/backfire when i pull it? :censure:

i'd check the flywheel key first.if it's an old points type ignition,you won't or at least you would have weak spark. if it ran then died,i would say timing flywheel alignment to crank.

Well i cleaned the points when i picked it up and it has bright blue spark...since the cam was off could the key have been sheered?????????

I just checked the timing and it was right on and as i was inside i notice that the ignition coil was uneven and was not balanced i have not tested it yet could this have been the problem??? Also it was high off the flywheel on the higher side...?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?

maybe not totally sure. just reset the coil and try. also remember to actually take the flywheel key out and look cause it may look fine but really be sheared just a hahahaha hair.