What model Fox?

Fox Sprite I believe but a Trail Bug is close too so be sure before marking my answer as best, I've been wrong and gotten credit too many times to feel good about my score but I was on it all three times so I don't feel too bad. Look in the Photo gallery, we have plenty of Fox bikes there.

Last edited:

capguncowboy

two frame downrails on the front, so it's not an early model nonsuspended doodlebug. No front suspension, so it's not a later model doodlebug. I'm with Tom - it's a Trailbug

View attachment 100484

What about this Doodlebug?
Same fenders, big tires, and jack shaft...
No. Not a Doodle Bug. They have sprung forks. 2 Doodles below.

Your Trailbug is probably around 1964 or 1965. It has that nice metal piece for the license plate in the back but looking at the brake lever, it does not have the ball on the end to keep from piercing someone's chest. I think they went to the ball controls somewhere around 1966. I have forgotten the specifics but if Ogy is around, he will nail it to the year.

Doc

/IMG_20140409_131641_892.jpg']
[/url]

Last edited:

markus

No. Not a Doodle Bug. They have sprung forks. 2 Doodles below.

Your Trailbug is probably around 1964 or 1965. It has that nice metal piece for the license plate in the back but looking at the brake lever, it does not have the ball on the end to keep from piercing someone's chest. I think they went to the ball controls somewhere around 1966. I have forgotten the specifics but if Ogy is around, he will nail it to the year.

Doc

/IMG_20140409_131641_892.jpg']
[/url]
disc brake didn't start to show up till sometime into 1968.....Most of the survivors shown on this site have very early 1969 build date HS40's on them.