What the H is this

saw these on the o'l crackslist and was wondering if any are worth a look. junky and rough, but maybe fixeruppes What do you think? Found these as well.---Black one $100, red seat $250 and red frame is $75.

Last edited:
the lack one is a rupp frame with the wrong front end, the middle one looks like a lil indian , and the red one is definately a montgomery wards. get them all its cheap enough

The red gilson ( Wards ) looks the best for the money and has better wheels. If I had a choice I would get the Gilson. It has the Tecumseh engine and a jack shaft and it may have the disc brake. And I think I see a chain guard on it. Time to jump is NOW
Steve :scooter:

going to check out the two on the right. Same guy has both. Maybe make a deal for the pair. I'll let you know. btw, you married guys, does your wives threaten you with divorce weekly if more mini's keep showing up?

Sinner,
I'd go for the last 2, I'm not big on the bikes that look like the first one, I don't think they're in the minibike class, but that's me. I like mini's that look like mini's, and trail bikes should look like trail bikes, I like motors that sit level and frame lines that look good to make a good looking bike, as for the wife---- we all go thru that from time to time, maybe you should start building a bike up, make her think that you think that bike is the best thing you got, then sell that bike, (parish the thought!!!!), anyway sell that bike, and spend the money on her! By doing that, you show her that she is the most important thing in your life, if it don't work, she's cold hearted, and you should seek the advise of an lawyer

Sinner 70 : That Gilson is the one to buy it even has the cylindrical gas tank under the seat and what looks like a two speed jack shaft . I want it, I want it , I want it LOL
Humm Cape Cod is not so far from Portland, Or LOL
Steve :scooter:

Eliminator

The Gilson's in my Garage now....

Sorry sinner70 but the Gilson in now in my archives.... It does have the H50 with lighting coil that even works!! Has chain guard that says gilson along with frame tag. It does have the 2 speed jackshaft but only has a single sprocket clutch on the engine at the moment maybe due to cost or availability over the years. Also has the tank under the seat and a rear band brake. I could use some good fenders, footpeg rubbers and a dual chain front clutch for starters. Are the gilson made allis and wards bikes exact copies or were there diferences?? I will post some photos soon...

hey guys, sorry i havent been around on here for awhile. the last two bikes are mine... or should i say, were mine! eliminator picked up the gilson this morning. i sold it for what i paid for it and when i bought earlier this summer and posted it on here it didnt seem to be anything special at the time and i figured it was only going to sit outside for the winter so id try to sell it. i still have the black one and i have been told from posting on here that it is a ruttman washer and that is how i listed it on craigslist. if anyone is interested in it its still for sale!!!

Looks like you beat me to it Oscar. I called on that yesterday. Great pick up. I passed on one in the same cond a month ago for $200 and I thought that was a good deal just bought a TrailHorse instead. Going to look at an El Burro tomorrow if the weather isn't too bad. It's so beat that ther guy won't even send me pics ! But hey, it's an El Burro and I "need" another one.

hey guys, sorry i havent been around on here for awhile. the last two bikes are mine... or should i say, were mine! eliminator picked up the gilson this morning. i sold it for what i paid for it and when i bought earlier this summer and posted it on here it didnt seem to be anything special at the time and i figured it was only going to sit outside for the winter so id try to sell it. i still have the black one and i have been told from posting on here that it is a ruttman washer and that is how i listed it on craigslist. if anyone is interested in it its still for sale!!!
do I get a cut for the free advertisement??? lol.