What year and make is my mini bike?

Hi Guys, Rob here from Temecula...nice forum...I've never owned a mini bike before, but just picked this up last night from a friend of mine. I'd like to know the year, make, model, etc. and where the best place to buy parts is...I believe I need an ignition module and clutch. It has a Briggs and Stratton 3hp engine.

thanks,
Rob
chopt50@msn.com

By ignition do you mean the coil that creates spark? If so you can get the newer electronic ignition coils pretty cheap just about anywhere.. Those do away with the need for points.. If you have no spark, %99.999674 of the time, the points just need to be cleaned in those motors..

If the engine is original.. Probably not.. But if it is.. You can look at the first two digits in the CODE number on the side of the engine, those are the year the engine was made..

Hi Guys, thanks!

It has a disc brake.

I don't know the first thing about these...I build kustom cars for a living...never had a mini bike, but came across this for a good deal from a friend. He told me the engine had been replaced, and it now has a 3hp rather than a 4hp.

Here are some more numbers off the engine cover:

Briggs and Stratton "Queen Turf" 3hp
Model #60102
Type#0267-01
Code#75041601

The engine also has a sticker someone added that says Model KS-1501????

I'd like to get it running, but have had noo luck. It will sputter and start for a split second with some carb cleaner sprayed into the carb. I checked the pickup tube the sucks gas from the tank into the carb and it is not clogged.

I also need a new accelerator handle because the ball on the end of the throttle cable keeps popping out- the plastic on the handle itself is worn out and won't hold it in place.

any help is greatly appreciated!

thanks,
Rob
chopt50@msn.com

Maybe a 400ss then:shrug: The engine is a 2hp 60102 for sure, someone added the 3hp its not a correct decal. Should have a 4hp Tecumseh on it or even a 4hp briggs although I'm not sure they came with briggs. I know some like the 250x-300x had briggs or tecumsehs depending on the year.:shrug:

Running is pretty simple.. It sounds like you have the know how.. If ya have no spark, pull the flywheel and clean the points.. The carb might need to be cleaned, possibly a 99 cent diaphragm.. I'd start with spark and fill the gas tank and see what happens.. They are piss poor for performance values, but they tend to work and function pretty good usually with little effort.. :thumbsup:

Hi Guys, Rob here from Temecula...nice forum...I've never owned a mini bike before, but just picked this up last night from a friend of mine. I'd like to know the year, make, model, etc. and where the best place to buy parts is...I believe I need an ignition module and clutch. It has a Briggs and Stratton 3hp engine.

thanks,
Rob
chopt50@msn.com
Welcome to the forums Chopt. By the way, there is a guy in Temecula, goes by "Temecula Bob" that builds some awesome drag bikes. Here is his photobucket album. He has a lot of stuff in there, but you'll know the drag bikes when you see them :thumbsup: Nice Cat mini you got too!
Pictures by billyjoebob5 - Photobucket