Whats the widest rims for a CAT 250X?

well i measured the front, its 4 inches, so im assuming a 4 inch wide rim would suffice. the rear measured almost 8 inches. anything wide i can fit back there without heavy modification? wider go kart wheel? maybe some company makes a wider wheel? adapter? i also want the rear to be a 6 inch rim so keep that in mind. :thumbsup:thanks,
joseph

I don't know why anyone would run a square shouldered tire on a vehicle that you plan to lean from side to side.

A square shouldered 'Slick' on the back of a purpose built dragster bike that is never expected to lean into a turn would be the only exception.

Most of those bikes pictured, look to be Drag Bikes.

125ccCrazy

unless you run a low profile gokart slick the widest slick you can get for a 6" rim with any heigth is 6.5 and that fits a 4-4.5" rim.... I wanted a 15" tall slick but can't find anything that tall for a 6" wheel... 13" is the tallest I found... I believe the tallest gokart slicks are 11" ...

I have a 13x6.5-6 slick on a 4.5" wide pocket bike wheel.

here's my wheel complete with disc brake.. View attachment 7046 View attachment 7047

here is a good deal on a 12-6-6 slick with tube.. eBay Motors: GO KART/GO CART SLICK TIRES 12x6.00-6 with Tube (item 260183347325 end time Mar-10-09 11:55:22 PDT)

Last edited: