Where to start with Arctic Cat Climber project...lots of questions

So, I am just about ready to start digging into my Arctic Cat Climber. But Im not too sure where to start. It seems most of the parts for this machine I do not have a hope or a dream of finding or they are super expensive. So an all origional restore might be out of the question. But aftermarket and custom parts are a different story. Has anyone ever tried upgrading the shocks? Maybe taking them off a small dirtbike or something? How about upgrading the forks? At higher speeds, im not sure how stable these handle bars are going to be. Has anyone ever tried extending a swing arm? I can see a few bennefits to that. And finally, a powerplant upgrade. I was thinking about a Briggs Raptor 3. Thats a nice power upgrade but can the frame fit that motor? Also, will the reliability of the clutch and drive line parts diminish? I need to weigh my options here and was wondering what you seasoned pros think. Pics:

I have 4 cats including 2 screamers.My one Screamer is totaly rebuilt factory parts & goes 50 mph+. Unless your gonna offroad with the Climber, I think the stock rebuilt factory parts are good.

VenomRS4 thats not a climber or at least not how it was built go to here The Boss Cat Legacy
it looks like you have a 72 prowler or ramrod, im thinking ramrod. and the seat looks like a recovered 1970 ssscat .

as for the shocks ya i did a swap to yamaha dt shocks on mine they bolted wright on and work out alot better then the factory ones for ruff off road .
the front suspension isnt too bad if your not doing like massive jumps .
on your bars hard to tell but they are easy to change if you need to .

take look at the link there is alot of good pics on the different bikes . the climber used the same frame as everything else so change a few parts and you have a ssscat or a scout ,ect ,ect . i have a climber if you look there is a tag behind the head light on the frame if you can still read it ,it will say what make it is . the give away that its not a climber it the wheels and the swing arm . the wheels on mine and the one in the factory are manco ? wheels . little cast nonspoked ones . yes i was in the plant where they made these things and seen some of the cool junk from the past . the other thing is the rear swing arm is real simple . like 2 plates of flat stock and a cross brace . no fancy tooling needed to make it .
eather way it looks like you got a nice start on a fun bike , and with the bigger wheels should handle all wright :scooter:

I guess im just overly excited to have a sweet new mini! But just being on this site for 2 days and I already learned more about this machine than I have learned since i purchased it! I wont post any more pics...promise. Well maybe until I start my build thread hehe.

As far as ID on the bike...I was origionally a Climber. I looked at the steering stem id plate and the frame is a Climber. So isnt the tank. It may still be a prowler or ramrod forks and swing-arm but the front fender is purple with mica flake in it. Has anyone ever seen a purple fender on a cat? Could it be from another type of bike? Im still in research mode and I'll let everyone know my findings as I figure this machine out.

Also.. if like your wheels are rusty like I see, but still solid enough to use.. Lots of times bad chrome just gets sanded and painted silver or whatever color you decide on.. Yes, Artic Cat parts can be very expensive. But for the most part you look like your stuff should be paint and ride ready.. May not be perfect but much much cheaper, and as long as it looks good, no one is judging.. :shrug:

Also.. if like your wheels are rusty like I see, but still solid enough to use.. Lots of times bad chrome just gets sanded and painted silver or whatever color you decide on.. Yes, Artic Cat parts can be very expensive. But for the most part you look like your stuff should be paint and ride ready.. May not be perfect but much much cheaper, and as long as it looks good, no one is judging.. :shrug:
Im not going to restore it to origional for the expense reason. This is going to be a full custom build. And considering how simple these machines are, the process should be pretty straight forward. Im going to see what I can fit for a motor and go from there. I cant wait to tear into this.