why does everybody say they have to hang it up for winter????

Riding in the rain is fun ........... until you get home and figure out that now you have to spend the next couple of hours cleaning and drying your bike off. Been there, done that .......

trying to figure out.. should i weld up a bigger rim and put an atv tire on it or should just by a new tire and make my old one into an ice tire?

Hey Greg, Is that a new project for this year.
yeah i allready have plans on a new snowbike but am not sure which frame to use? i have a very nice speedway shrike complete that has some rewelds on it but would make a awsome snow bike! I have the fronty ski and tread system, engines and everything i need just a point of getting to it, but it will be done this winter!

^^-- There's that, too, but wait until you try going too fast around a wet corner with a slick tire ...... You'll either wind up laying the bike down, or grind the hell out of whatever peg you're dragging. I got lucky and just ruined a peg instead of my hide .....

yeah i allready have plans on a new snowbike but am not sure which frame to use? i have a very nice speedway shrike complete that has some rewelds on it but would make a awsome snow bike! I have the fronty ski and tread system, engines and everything i need just a point of getting to it, but it will be done this winter!
Were did you find your tracks at. Those are cool, Thats one of those I want to do that to one of my bike projects down the road.

Winter riding can be fun and very challenging.
I dont do it anymore as I'm older(old) and work outside all day and about sick of it by the time I get home.

We may take the mule out this winter for some kicks.

I used to ride a yamaha 250 enduro out on the lakes and it was a blast.
I just used my legs to keep the bike upright and to change direction I'd just blip the throttle to break the rear tire traction and re-aim the bike then let off the throttle until the tire hooked up then ease on the throttle.It was fun and on an frozen open lake you can get some speed up.

Screws in the tires help alot but tear up the tires a little and it takes time to put them in.We used to use short hex head sheet metal screws and it worked well.I needed hundreds of them to do my blasters tires.

I guess I going to have to keep a eye out for snowblowers with tracks, I usually look at them on craigslist just for the motors, Most I seen around here do not have tracks just the snow hog tires on them. They would make for a fun project. It would be neat to fab them to a old Honda ATC 110 frame or custom build the frame using ATC parts.

SpyGuy

That is a way cool idea, and fabbing up a set of sideplates for the tracks wouldn't be that hard to do.

Of course, since I live in Arizona, we don't really see snowblowers out here a lot .... snow, neither ....