Why does my chain keep popping off

I made sure my alignment was straight replaced my bent sprocket thinking about wheel bearings but my wheels seem fine it only does it when i full gas it starts shaking and pops the chain off PLEASE HELP

Steve73

I made sure my alignment was straight replaced my bent sprocket thinking about wheel bearings but my wheels seem fine it only does it when i full gas it starts shaking and pops the chain off PLEASE HELP
add a chain tensioner so when you give it the beans, the chain will stop slapping and dancing around at high revs and popping off. also posting a picture of what your dealing with helps alot too. :rolleyes:

It doesn't take much to bend, twist that #35 chain. Once it bends or gets twisted, it never runs straight again.

Pull it off, lay it straight on concrete, asphalt, or floor and inspect it. I bet you find it twisted somewhere.

If you really want some help put some effort in and provide some (good) pics- 3rd time you've been asked.
Also, what brand/model of bike?
Michael

pomfish

Engine mounting plate looks like swiss cheese, bolts look undersize and what is with the spacer plate under engine?
Second look, it seems it is an adapter plate, bottom frame engine plate is still junk, flex city.
Don't like the looks of the rear axle plate either, put a bar across the top of it to rear bend in frame.
Lot's of tension in chain, let out just a little, remember "bend don't break"
If you get a new mounting plate, cut out the old one, you can eliminate the adapter, less parts the better.
You need someone with a welder.

Engine mounting plate looks like swiss cheese, bolts look undersize and what is with the spacer plate under engine?
Second look, it seems it is an adapter plate, bottom frame engine plate is still junk, flex city.
Don't like the looks of the rear axle plate either, put a bar across the top of it to rear bend in frame.
Lot's of tension in chain, let out just a little, remember "bend don't break"
If you get a new mounting plate, cut out the old one, you can eliminate the adapter, less parts the better.
You need someone with a welder.
Where the white lines i drew are?

Attachments

pomfish

No, where the axle bolts onto that tab. But that is probably not the big problem, which is the engine plate.

Solve engine plate first, axle deal may not need to be addressed, I just like to beef up everything of doing a runner where originality is not an issue.

No, where the axle bolts onto that tab. But that is probably not the big problem, which is the engine plate.

Solve engine plate first, axle deal may not need to be addressed, I just like to beef up everything of doing a runner where originality is not an issue.
So from the axle slot to the engine mounting plate

pomfish

No the axle plate to the bar directly to the right, but again do not focus on that right now.
Fix/replace the flat metal plate that the engine assembly bolts to, either get plate welded on top of it or preferably cut it out and replace plate from scratch.
You can buy the engine mounting plates from many vendors including the operator of this website Hent.com

f4radar

It looks to me (based on the picture) that the engine is not level side to side, like the right side needs to be a little higher.