Will not run

I need help with my 5hp tecumseh not running after I rebuilt it,the carb is working it is a primer bulb one and the gas flows through it,any help would be appreciated thanks.

what are the symtoms?... Does it spit and sptter and act stupid? No nothing at all? Pops but thats it?...

You can get the coil system bolted in too far advanced and it makes them hard to get started... Although it sounds like if ya have a Primer Bulb carb it's probably newer and has EIC... If so the spark should be right on BUT if ya got the coil too far from the flywheel it will not make good spark...

If ya got the Camshaft in one or more teeth off that will screw stuff ALLllllllll up...

If all that stuff is good... It's probably that Piece Of Crap primer bulb worthless garbage crap junk carburetor... :hammer:

Most likely carb

Primer bulb = crap even if it runs perfect...

It has good spark and compression and the coil sytem is fine I never moved it and it ran fan till I rebuilt it to get all the carbon out,I think I do not have camshaft aligned so I will check that out tomorrow.thanks for all the help I will let you guys know what happens.

YEAH OH GOD dude the cam MUST be right to work right... There are little timing marks on the cam and crank shaft.. Just line them up.. If it's got compression it probably isn't too far off but one tooth will do it.. If ya have a flat head you can pull the head off and watch the valves sync up with the piston and see if they are right too... Save the hassle of pulling the backing plate... Although if it was put together recently and hasn't ran.. The gasket should at least be save-able if ya do go digging deep...

Push rods??? Over head valve motor??? Sounds like maybe they were too tight and piled up into the rocker arm when the valve stopped moving but the cam kept going.... It has bent push rods and they are still in place and it has compression and all works.... Only problem is push rods being bent and it will not run? :confused:

Sears has parts for stuff.. Not sure what all kinds but I'd go in and find a Crapsman motor exactly like your Tecumseh and say HEY!!..... I need a set of pushrods for this rototiller thing ya got here..

Although if ya post a thread in the (Parts Wanted) section... someone here probably has a set..

Hey, if you still need pushrods I am about to gut an OHH55 that is setup or seized up... You're the third person in about 4 days needing a whole BUNCH off different parts... So it might just get gutted...

Hey, if you still need pushrods I am about to gut an OHH55 that is setup or seized up... You're the third person in about 4 days needing a whole BUNCH off different parts... So it might just get gutted...
scratch that.... Someone had too long screws in the recoil.. :doah: swapped those out, put some gas in it, started and ran perfect after sitting :shrug: years... Sorry...