Would like to trade my chopper for your standard

I have a cool old chopper Minibike. Has a Techumseh Big Block runs great. I just want something a little more versatile for me and the kids that we can run on the trails with. The seat is now black. It's a blast to run in the neighborhood. I am in the Detroit area. Than

Man, I'd love to fall on a deal like that in PA. I have several to choose from, but the shipping would kill it. Good luck and I'm sure there are plenty of Michigan members to help you out.

Is a Power Dyne Chopper. It has a new clutch brake. The foot pegs are standard Harley types. Just run a tap into old pegs and you can screw these on. It is a cool riding position. I would love a Ruttman. Those are what I drooled over as a kid.

i'd trade one of my ruttmans, roller for roller. i have plenty of motors and wouldn't need that one pm me if ya want to see sum pics. i live in northwest ohio, not to far away from ya

I have a Bonanza That I was going to redo.. It looks like crap right now and needs a couple big fixes but is decent for the most part. It has 8 inch Jap wheels with front and rear drum breaks. Rockford Chibi rear, Honda Z50 ?? front.

The motor I will keep and maybe exhaust.. It's geared pretty high right now but that is for my use because it was my trail bike/road bike, driving back and forth to mushroom hunting territory..

It has a jack shaft so gearing is easy.. I could throw a 3.5 briggs newer butterfly choke motor on it so the kids can use the factory foot pegs, and remove the wooden platform in back... Or I could trade ya roller for roller.. :shrug:

I have some seat making materials but was trying to build a bike in 45 minutes because mushrooms were OUT and kickin.. :lol: Although the bike seat aint all bad..

Could be a deal in there to be made somewhere I'm sure.. If ya like smaller Bonanzas.. :shrug: The small bike with big solid wheels makes it SWEET on trails.. I love the little thing and really hate to get rid of it but would rather have a chopper to play with I think..

Do ya have any better pics of the Chopper? More deatiled?

Last edited:
I do like the Bird, but I am looking for at least a 5 hp motor, 6 would be better. Here is a photo from today of my chopper. It's a really nice mini. Rides like a dream and the Techumseh Big Block moves out pretty good. I have not seen too many of these and its actually a little more comfortable than a grasshopper ( admitadly not as cool though ). I has a nice low slung stretched out riding postion. If I didn't want to do some " racing " with some friends I would keep it. She goes well on the straights but those choppers dont turn to well ha-ha

I do have a Tecumseh 5hp with electric start that I could switch over lol, but I am trying to sell the Bird, so I guess trading it for another would defeat the purpose huh?:laugh:

Has that chopper been cut and stretched ??? The pic makes it look really long. I had a bonanza chopper once and it was way too cramped for me to ride

I just love the looks of choppers though :smile:

Nope, no cut no stretch. It has to do with the way the seat is mounted. Its back a little and is very comfortable. I love grasshoppers but there is no way my 6'4 self could ride one. This thing is very roomy. It's really cool and I hate to part with it, but the wife doesnt want to see minis multiplying like the vintage skateboards did, oh yeah and the cars, and the >>>> you ge the picture. I am looking for a "do it all 5-6 horse "vintage" mini. No new china junk!!!! I love Ruttmans or Rupps with the cool Astro type mags

HAHA!! Yeah the Bonanza needs prettied up pretty bad.. :lol: If you're 6'4" and looking to ride the bike as well as the kids ya might wanna lean towards the Rupp... Ruttmans are REAL small bikes... One of the little 60's Rupp/Lil Indian full suspension bikes might be in your best interest.. Rupp Goat or something with pegs to the rear of the frame cradle to make room for that big motor AND your feet.. Plus that gives you a jack shaft to play around with.... They are still fairly small bikes but MUCH bigger when actually trying to beat the crap out of one on the trails.. :scooter: Ruttman is a parking lot bike...

BTT Thought I had some interest, but I haven't heard anything so I thought I would throw it back up. I would like to have something before the 4th of July for the kids to cruise around on up north. A nice Ruttman spyder or something similiar with at least a 5 horse would be ideal. If yours is too nice I might have some $$$ to throw in. This is a very nice piece if you are into choppers. Thanks

oldsledz

I have a Manco thunderbird with a 6.5 clone, it's a bike a adult or kid can ride. That I would trade for it. The bike it ready to ride.

I have a Manco thunderbird with a 6.5 clone, it's a bike a adult or kid can ride. That I would trade for it. The bike it ready to ride.
Thanks for the reply. I would totally be into a clone motor, but I am looking for a rigid bike. Like a Ruttman or Harrison style. The Mini will see mainly neighboorhood (95%) driving and some dirt roads at the cottage. I love the chopper, but my kids struggle with the front end and low center of gravity. The Ruttman holds a place in my heart, and would love to have one or something very similiar.

BTT someone make me a reasonable offer on this. There is a Spider for 300 that I want or buy the Spider and I will give you the Chopper:thumbsup: