Wtb cat mx duster chain guard

As tittle say I’m looking for a cat mx duster parts chain guard. I know I know it’s a long shot but I guy can dream right.

also need the star rims and rear brake.
Info on what the seat size was ?
And lastly rear shocks. So basically the whole bike lol

Last edited:
You can get a fiberglass one. I've used them before and they work pretty well. Look at this reply from the link below for more information on how to reach out to the guy who makes them:
https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/nos-cat-clutch-guard.178790/post-1330084
Yeah I’m not a fan of repop stuff. I now if it was metal and chrome and looked like or a tad different’ I’d probably go for that. But fiberglass I might as well just get any old clutch cover and slap a cat decal on it.

They are out there. Just not cheap unless you get extremely lucky.
Yeah I know it won’t be cheap. But what is these days lol. After searching the inter webs stumbled across this site figured if I had any chance in finding one for a decent Price it be here.

Best chance finding one is Ebay.
Last short Cat guard sold on there for $750.00, long and medium are more.
Needle in a haystack.
Most collectors who have them rarely sell any, most prefer to trade for other hard to find parts they need.
Good luck with your search.

As tittle say I’m looking for a cat mx duster parts chain guard. I know I know it’s a long shot but I guy can dream right.

also need the star rims and rear brake.
Info on what the seat size was ?
And lastly rear shocks. So basically the whole bike lol
If you are a member of Facebook, join these 2 sites, L.I. Mini Bike Madness and The Mountain George Mini Bike Collection groups, answer All questions. You will see a set of Cat rims with sprocket available and on the page there are brake drums available, drum not disc.
Greg

FunWithStuff

Yeah I’m not a fan of repop stuff. I now if it was metal and chrome and looked like or a tad different’ I’d probably go for that. But fiberglass I might as well just get any old clutch cover and slap a cat decal on it.
I don't blame you for wanting a metal original I personally am the same way but I've used fiberglass as substitutes until I've come across the real thing. And they're not like "any old clutch cover" they are the same design just put some chrome spray paint on it and apply it the right way and it'll look almost identical since the chrome on Cat parts wasn't very high quality.

Yeah I know it won’t be cheap. But what is these days lol. After searching the inter webs stumbled across this site figured if I had any chance in finding one for a decent Price it be here.
Depends on what you mean is a "decent" price. I've never seen a long guard come up on eBay since I've been into minibikes but I've seen private deals of these costing in the range of hundreds of dollars or for trades. I'd recommend changing your expectations of a "decent" price and get ready to pay whatever it may cost to get one because if by some chance you get first opportunity to buy one and you don't like the price I guarantee you that it will be sold to one of the other 40-50 people that are more than happy just to even have a chance to buy one.

I hope you've done your research on here to realize what you're hunting for. You might be into years of hunting and might still not find anything. Just letting you know that finding one won't be an easy task.

I don't blame you for wanting a metal original I personally am the same way but I've used fiberglass as substitutes until I've come across the real thing. And they're not like "any old clutch cover" they are the same design just put some chrome spray paint on it and apply it the right way and it'll look almost identical since the chrome on Cat parts wasn't very high quality.

Depends on what you mean is a "decent" price. I've never seen a long guard come up on eBay since I've been into minibikes but I've seen private deals of these costing in the range of hundreds of dollars or for trades. I'd recommend changing your expectations of a "decent" price and get ready to pay whatever it may cost to get one because if by some chance you get first opportunity to buy one and you don't like the price I guarantee you that it will be sold to one of the other 40-50 people that are more than happy just to even have a chance to buy one.

I hope you've done your research on here to realize what you're hunting for. You might be into years of hunting and might still not find anything. Just letting you know that finding one won't be an easy task.
What they said^^^^. "Decent price" is VERY subjective and will vary significantly from individual to individual. Question to the OP- What do YOU consider a "decent price"?
Michael

thank you guys for all your replies. I don’t mind spending the money on an item that’s not going to go down in value. Least not in the next year or so. But the way I look at the fiberglass one is like wearing a fake Rolex lol, but what type of chrome spray paint did you use I’ve never seen a chrome in a can look anything but horrible. And that’s money I can put in to the real one. If one comes available. Till then I could just run any chain guard really no one would know the difference. Other then the same people that could spot a reproduction like your selfs. Witch is all that really matters. At least when it comes down to re sale value. Get what I mean

thank you guys for all your replies. I don’t mind spending the money on an item that’s not going to go down in value. Least not in the next year or so. But the way I look at the fiberglass one is like wearing a fake Rolex lol, but what type of chrome spray paint did you use I’ve never seen a chrome in a can look anything but horrible. And that’s money I can put in to the real one. If one comes available. Till then I could just run any chain guard really no one would know the difference. Other then the same people that could spot a reproduction like your selfs. Witch is all that really matters. At least when it comes down to re sale value. Get what I mean
I have a plater in Romulus Michigan that chrome plates plastic. I have some photos on one of our pages showing a Rogue Mark IV plastic plated, you cannot tell the difference.
Go to The Mountain George Mini Bike Collection on FB, answer all questions. Once in, scroll down until you see photos of the Red Rogue. The guard is shown in a few photos.

Greg

I have a plater in Romulus Michigan that chrome plates plastic. I have some photos on one of our pages showing a Rogue Mark IV plastic plated, you cannot tell the difference.
Go to The Mountain George Mini Bike Collection on FB, answer all questions. Once in, scroll down until you see photos of the Red Rogue. The guard is shown in a few photos.

Greg
How much do you have invested in to the fiberglass or plastic one ? Thanks I’ll join them