WTB Gilson/Wards Jack Shaft

That model uses a torque converter. You can piece everything together yourself (if you don't care about being factory correct). You need a 20 series drive and driven clutches. Buy some bearings, jackshaft, small sprocket, collars and jackshaft. Get a separate Comet belt too.
You'll need to line the two clutches up without a belt so they are in line like shown. It will take some washers on the crank and jackshaft but it is do-able without a lot of effort. I could have used a collar on the jackshaft instead of all those washers, but, I didn't have a collar and I had washers, so I used them.
I have mine apart but here are some pictures of it when it was together. It is a tight fit but works Great ! You really should remove the angle iron struts and put some shocks on it. It will ride WAY better...
Danford1

Last edited:
Thank you for the input i will continue to look for a period correct torque converter while I build a modern replacement. Yes the angle iron is gone and a correct shock is in it's place. Appreciate the help.