WTB: Two nice mini bikes in IL, MI, WI, or IN

Older couple wants to buy two nice mini bikes to ride in retirement community where it's permissable. No rust buckets or junk. Must be something you're proud of cause you're moving on or building another. We travel through from WI to IL, then NW IN and up western MI. Would like to check out your prize bike on these travels. Vintage is great as well as doodlebug with 6.5 clone. Must be clean, not too loud, at least 6.5, some mods OK. Someone said economy is bad, no one's buying. Well we are! Cash in hand, send me a PM with what you're willing to part with, pictures, price and general location. I will respond. Rich

jeep4me

Welcome to the site.

Sounds to me like you need to go get a couple of new Doodle Bugs and a couple of 6.5hp clones, swap things around and there you go.

Buy all the stuff, drop it off at my place and I'll put it all together for you.

Thanks for the offer

Thanks for the kindness. Actually I bought two HF clones on Friday for $99 each. I work in the school system and I'm off during the summer so I planned on picking up 2 used doodle bugs and giving it a whirl myself. I'm only mildly competant at bike wrenching; oil, brakes, chains, and some carb cleaning. Always been a dream to do this someday. Pep Boys by me sells new bugs (the old style) for $299 plus prep. Would rather find a couple slightly used ones on craigslist so I'll keep searching. In the meantime, I might still buy something if any members come forward with a real treasure. Might also see what I can find at the Ann Arbor show May 1. Thanks again...I'll keep you posted. Rich