Wtf...

C9H13NO3

Do I do? Heres the deal.

I sold a guy a paintball marker 45+ days ago, he is in Russia. When he asked if I would ship the item to Russia, I said no.

He bought it anyway, I thought WTF and told him I'm not shipping a package to Russia without him paying the other $35 for shipping.

He paid me a total of $117, and I sent the thing 3 days after payment, since I had to go to the PO and fill out forms.

He sends me a message saying it got denied customs acceptance, and is on its way back to the USA.

I asked him where he got this info and he sent me to a site in Russian, using google translator I couldn't find anything about customs acceptance or refusal.

I told him I will refund his money when the package arrives at my doorstep, which it had yet to.

He sends me a message today, saying he has started a paypal dispute since I won't refund his money, and now my account is frozen. Along with the $2200 I have in it, I can't send, receive, or transfer funds, and I have several ebay items ending soon.

WTF do I do?

bandit 40

Dam, that sucks Nate ,you know the sad thing is anyone can do that to someone, once a dispute is opened you have to wait for it to take its course.:confused:Its not right.

Nate, CALL Paypal. Sometimes you have to explain in person. I had a guy do the same thing to me with RC stuff. If you need info call me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

MikeBear

I've been buying and selling on Ebay since 1997. I've had a PayPal account since 2002. NEVER, EVER leave money in your PayPal account if you SELL!

ALWAYS send with signature confirmation, via a method that provides proof of delivery ONLINE!

ONLY send to a PayPpal VERIFIED buyer (if PayPal is used). Otherwise, you get a situation like this. You can get a PayPal debit card, and withdraw the money from an ATM. Of course, you can't now that your account is frozen. In the future, as soon as a buyer puts the money in, suck it out via debit card before sending their purchase. There's just way too many scammers out there, and Ebay and PayPal will always side with them FIRST!

how can they hold 2200$ for a 117$ transaction???
call them and they should work it out except the $ in question.

probably a misunderstanding, Russian customs are sketchy at best!

not sure of the dates but it normally takes weeks or more to get anything to Russia and longer to smaller cities!

Not thinking the Russkies would even allow a gun (even artificial) into the country through mail, most countries frown on guns of any type!

Last edited:

Scottessey

Dude, you never deal with the russians. Haven't you ever seen Red Dawn?

Sorry Nate. I can imagine how frustrating that must be.

:anon.sml: As you were...

Last edited:
Ebay and PayPal have become a JOKE at best. I am on some car pages and a lady sold a guy a WHITE dash out of an old car (he paid using PayPal), boxed it all up, shipped it to him. The guy recieved the package, took it out of the box, removed his old LIGHT BLUE cracked up, busted dash from his car, slid it back in the box that she had sent him then took pictures and sent them to paypal saying that she sent him a busted up dash and not even the same color. Then PayPal froze her account and removed the money from her account and gave it back to him so he ended up with a new dash and his $300 back.
Thats why I REFUSE to even mess with paypal anymore, it's a joke!

Ebay is a pretty much a joke anymore too, people sell this nice slightly used item for 1/4 of the the original price then charge you $56 shipping & HANDLING to throw it in a flat rate box that costs $7 and then i will be the proud owner of a nice slightly used item that i just ended up paying 4 times as much for as a brand new one costs. Yeah, there are deals out there but you have to watch your back in everyone of them anymore.

Was he of legal age? Was it not Airsoft who went through all the legal to ban this?

ATF?

Hope you get it worked out, and can use a friends account to purchase the eBay items.

MB165

I've been buying and selling on Ebay since 1997. I've had a PayPal account since 2002. NEVER, EVER leave money in your PayPal account if you SELL!

ALWAYS send with signature confirmation, via a method that provides proof of delivery ONLINE!

ONLY send to a PayPpal VERIFIED buyer (if PayPal is used). Otherwise, you get a situation like this. You can get a PayPal debit card, and withdraw the money from an ATM. Of course, you can't now that your account is frozen. In the future, as soon as a buyer puts the money in, suck it out via debit card before sending their purchase. There's just way too many scammers out there, and Ebay and PayPal will always side with them FIRST!

This should be a sticky...enough is enough.

The guy is a chargeback scammer, never ship anything until cash is in your hand, or bank account that is not linked to anything!

C9H13NO3

I sent with signature confirmation, through USPS and gave him the tracking number immediately. It hasn't been updated since the 8th of november, as "origin post is preparing item for shipment".

I called paypal today, explained the situation and got $2000 out of the account since it wasn't involved in the transaction.

I swear, if this guy scams me, I'll go beserk.

I sent with signature confirmation, through USPS and gave him the tracking number immediately. It hasn't been updated since the 8th of november, as "origin post is preparing item for shipment".

I called paypal today, explained the situation and got $2000 out of the account since it wasn't involved in the transaction.

I swear, if this guy scams me, I'll go beserk.
I must break you - YouTube

If this was an ebay thing then you should have cancelled the order. Simply put you do not ship out of the USA and told this guy that and he still bought it. Had this happen to me before. If you said "no" then you should have stuck to your guns. Package should have never been shipped. What he is pulling now is BS. I would not do a damn thing until the package is back in your hands. Call paypal right now and tell them you are being scammed like so many others on this type of BS. I can tell you now......the guy has the stuff and what he is telling you is an old trick in the book. Tell paypal you will credit the money back when you recieve it.

I called PayPal again today. I explained the situation to them, they said I am not obligated to refund him anything since it is marked as "origin post is preparing item for shipment", showing that it is IN russia and IN transit.

Nothing your account is frozen :shrug: Call paypal . And dont keep so much money in your account
no kidding , giving them the ability to hold that amount of funds is ridiculous on your part. Its a tough lesson learned, ebay and paypal will screw you in a blink and dont really give a rats a$$ if your pissed about it. when/if your able, transfer the funds into a bank account they can't touch....damn

edit, I see where you got the majority of it. whew! I went through this crap 6 years ago and havent used either service since then. been fine w/o it/them.

Last edited:
no kidding , giving them the ability to hold that amount of funds is ridiculous on your part. Its a tough lesson learned, ebay and paypal will screw you in a blink and dont really give a rats a$$ if your pissed about it. when/if your able, transfer the funds into a bank account they can't touch....damn

edit, I see where you got the majority of it. whew! I went through this crap 6 years ago and havent used either service since then. been fine w/o it/them.
It was dumb to keep that much in it, normally I don't have a 1/4 of that since I spend it all on minibike parts :laugh:

I stopped using PayPal, they give you a false sense of security. Had a person try to rip me off by going through his credit card company, did you know that PayPal will always side with the credit card company and the credit card company will side on the card holder so your pretty much screwed. I forward all my emails showing where he tried to screw me the first time by saying that he never received it but I had it tracked down to his door step then he says that the item was missing. I had all the emails and proof but the credit card company didn’t care they just wanted to take care of their customer. I had no fund in my account so they couldn’t steal the money back, I went back to using and accepting money orders only now. Screw PayPal they suck, making you feel like your money is safe in there hands.