X-90 Bobber build

Sweeeeeet....especially when the end result is compared to what you started out with...

I'm mailing you some matte vinyl AMF decals for the gas tank...wouldn't want anyone blinded by the black chrome-like paint when you park that little beauty in the sun at Windber...

...and a lime green bungee cord, so the Chief Mechanic doesn't fall off the handlebars during the group ride...
Thanks, but do not send the decals. I have to pick up the ones that I ordered from the Harley shop.

The Chief Mechanic needs all of the help he can get. He does not hang on very well because he likes to oogle at the girls. :wink:

Are you coming to Windber?

I finally put gas in the Bobber and fired it up last week. It fired right up on the second kick and was extremely loud with the new pipe. I adjusted the carb and set off for town. Did I mention that it was LOUD. The engine ran well and I had it up to 52mph. When I got into town I had to try and keep it quiet but the noise was echoing between the buildings. I rode through town and turned around to head for home. As I was coming down the hill into town, I rolled off of the throttle and let the transmission help me decelerate. When I gave it a little throttle - KaBoom - a flame about 2 feet long came out of the pipe. I was laughing so hard that I almost ran off of the road. I proceeded to head for home before I was asked for license, registration, and insurance.

Looks like I will fab up a new pipe with some baffles and keep this pipe for the Windber parade. :wink: