yamasaki mt 175

Ken

I finally have been able to ride my kawasaki mt 75 now powered by a 1972 yamaha 175 ct2 engine and five speed gearbox. Most of the engineering is done except for completing the wiring and a few strengthining additions. It is just a "show and tell" pit bike to get around the pits at the vintage car races. I found that it desperatly needed a foot brake and I had to add a third lever for the clutch. I also added a 3" longer swiing arm to lengthen the wheel base since I sit almost directly over the rear wheel and am VERY interested in keeping the front wheel on the ground. It took a 17 tooth primary and a 33 tooth sprocket to put it within a usuable gear range, but it will run around in third gear pretty nicely. It makes WAY too much power (but that was the idea) so I put a carb from a 125 on it for now to act as sort of a governor. Now it is almost ready to come back apart to clean up the details and to paint it all. BIG KIDS, BIG TOYS ! ! (well, maybe not so big) cheers, Ken

Ken

Ironicly it rides out really well, but I think the next addition will be wheelie bars , a little bit more of show and tell, and a little bit of a safety net, (just in case)