Doodlebug DB30

If anyone would like pics, send me a PM and I can send you plenty of pics.

I've put a lot of money into building this bike. Insult me all you would like. I'm just trying to get what I feel is a fair price for the amount of work/time I've put into restoring this mini bike.
We wish you best on the sale of your bike , the remarks are only to help you realize you can never sell that bike for anywhere near your asking price , in Michigan you might could squeeze $500 out of it , If you offer it for $600 OBO you may get some bites ,
This is what a $1000 DB looks like .

# 1 rule in mini bikes. Just because you spent it doesn't make it worth it. This even applies to vintage bikes. I have way more in some of my bikes than they would ever bring. Good luck with your sale.

It's worth what someone will pay for it. So if someone is willing to drop $1000 or close to it, then that's what it's worth.

Btw, my DB isn't too far from what yours is.

Thank you all for thrashing my thread and making my sale virtually impossible on this site.

Twid

I'm out. I was hopin it had a fully built motor with a race clutch. I'm sure it's nice but a Predator 212. header and intake with a new emulsion tube in the carb. Is about what $200-$250 so you have $800-$750 in every thing else it easy to spend the much on a build but I could pick one up in my area for around $350-$500

It's worth what someone will pay for it. So if someone is willing to drop $1000 or close to it, then that's

Btw, my DB isn't too far from what yours is.

Thank you all for thrashing my thread and making my sale virtually impossible on this site.
Yea I guess you're right , looks pretty similar , oh wait , nobody has seen it ? BTW you made your sale completely impossible all by yourself with the ridiculous price , wise up young man , we are trying to help you .

Last edited:
Yea I guess you're right , looks pretty similar , oh wait , nobody has seen it ? BTW you made your sale completely impossible all by yourself with the ridiculous price , wise up young man , we are trying to help you .
What's ridiculous to you may not be to someone else. You need to read the rules of the classified section again.

There's a lot of helpful info in this thread alone just on selling.

You won't get 1k for an all stock frame, simple header and jet, nice pai ted db.

Do some mean motor work, trick the frame out with some one off mods, put some 10" wheels on it, then come back with a 1k price tag with some pictures and detailed list of work.

No one here is trying to jump down your throat, just a bunch of people that have been in this longer than you have.

There's a lot of helpful info in this thread alone just on selling.

You won't get 1k for an all stock frame, simple header and jet, nice pai ted db.

Do some mean motor work, trick the frame out with some one off mods, put some 10" wheels on it, then come back with a 1k price tag with some pictures and detailed list of work.

No one here is trying to jump down your throat, just a bunch of people that have been in this longer than you have.
Maybe I'll sell it on Craigslist instead.

^Well, I was going to jump in and suggest something like that. But again, you will be marketing to possibly the wrong demographic. "KMart shoppers" tend not to want to spend top-dollar on anything, worth it or not.

eBay, on the other hand, tends to flush-out ridiculously high final sale prices. All it takes is one uneducated (or under the influence) bidder. You come here with anything other than a highly collectable vintage bike, in front of the most mb-educated types and this thread is the end-result.

There's nothing wrong with your bike or you wanting to sell it. It's your tactics or lack thereof.

The guy should be able to list it for sale here for ANY price he wants, w/o members critiquing or otherwise chastise him on the price of the bike or the work/modifications he has done to it. That is one of the classified posting RULES, remember? If it sells or does not sell, what do YOU members care? Where the hell are the forum moderators? (All of those price critique posts should be deleted and the offenders warned ONCE, and if they do it again-BANNED) Recently, It seems like this kind of stuff is allowed to go on more and more. It sure did not use to be that way, or not nearly as common. This kind of discussion degrades the overall professionalism of the OldMiniBikes forum.
Michael

The guy should be able to list it for sale here for ANY price he wants, w/o members critiquing or otherwise chastise him on the price of the bike or the work/modifications he has done to it. That is one of the classified posting RULES, remember? If it sells or does not sell, what do YOU members care? Where the hell are the forum moderators? (All of those price critique posts should be deleted and the offenders warned ONCE, and if they do it again-BANNED) Recently, It seems like this kind of stuff is allowed to go on more and more. It sure did not use to be that way, or not nearly as common. This kind of discussion degrades the overall professionalism of the OldMiniBikes forum.
Michael
Thanks. I was wondering when someone would bring up the rules. My bike isn't the fastest. It's not the oldest or most collectible. But I spent a lot of money on buying and restoring it. I don't think it's out of line for me to set a price that I feel is fair.

Anyone interested could ask questions and I could answer them. They could then decide whether or not they are interested, instead of bashing my post because I've (in their opinion) over priced it.

Michael
Report the post. There aren't any moderators...

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]