There's going to be one happy little Grandson Christmas morning

Hi All,
I'm just finishing this bike up today. I started it in August as a toy for myself. As the project progressed I got to thinking about all the good times of my youth riding on one of these with my cousin. Then I got to thinking about my Grandson, and how great it would be to give him the same good times and memories I have. So, I shifted gears so to speak and decided to make it a rider rather then a trophy room decoration. I'm giving it to my Grandson. It will be next to his Christmas tree this Christmas morning. :smile:
100_1961.JPG
100_1962.JPG
100_1964.JPG
100_1964.JPG
100_1963.JPG

P.S. A huge thank you to Markus for all the help and advise on my motor questions, and most importantly the Dellorto carb.
I put in a good word with the big guy from the north pole for you.

Last edited:

gbabins1

Hi All,
I'm just finishing this bike up today. I started it in August as a toy for myself. As the project progressed I got to thinking about all the good times of my youth riding on one of these with my cousin. Then I got to thinking about my Grandson, and how great it would be to give him the same good times and memories I have. So, I shifted gears so to speak and decided to make it a rider rather then a trophy room decoration. I'm giving it to my Grandson. It will be next to his Christmas tree this Christmas morning. [emoji2]
View attachment 101927
View attachment 101928
View attachment 101929
View attachment 101929
View attachment 101930

P.S. A huge thank you to Markus for all the help and advise on my motor questions, and most importantly the Dellorto carb.
Thats awesome! He's going to have one heck of a great Christmas!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

My first mini bike was a Christmas present. It was one my Dad and his brothers had when they were kids. Had a different engine on it when I got it. We went outside and I took it for a ride around the silos and it threw the chain in about 200 feet. It was still a lot of fun. I rode the hell out of that thing when I was still living at my folk's place. One of the best Christmas presents I ever got.

That's beautiful...and a much better idea than it being a trophy...:thumbsup:

My GrandDad gave me my first mini bike, and thus, so many two wheeled memories...:smile:

MJL

Are you looking to adopt a grandkid in his 30's?? That is going to be one happy kid. My uncle and I built a go kart together when I was 15 or so. I'll never forget it!

markus

Hi All,
I'm just finishing this bike up today. I started it in August as a toy for myself. As the project progressed I got to thinking about all the good times of my youth riding on one of these with my cousin. Then I got to thinking about my Grandson, and how great it would be to give him the same good times and memories I have. So, I shifted gears so to speak and decided to make it a rider rather then a trophy room decoration. I'm giving it to my Grandson. It will be next to his Christmas tree this Christmas morning. :smile:
View attachment 101927
View attachment 101928
View attachment 101929
View attachment 101929
View attachment 101930

Clean!!!!! that came out really nice :drool: you guys have a fun, and safe holiday!