Cat 250 that came with my El-Tigre

1stlegendtx

Looks good, find a 3.5 HP Tec or briggs for it. Anything larger will mess with your foot pegs.
Thanks. I have an engine for it just no time yet. Heres a picture of the fender so you can see the color better.
This is a picture taken out in the sunshine.
See how it looks more Blue.:eek:ut:

1stlegendtx

Yeah my Taco doesn't come out on camera either.

Nice color. how did you paint it? What engine are you using?
Thanks. I used Dupli-Color "Metal Specks Shimmering Green" spray paint. I tried taking pictures in all different light and the only way it would show the color half way right was to have all White around it. As for the engine I am going with the stock set up (2 1/2 hp Briggs). Your Taco looks great. If you think it would help try taking a picture with an all White background.:thumbsup:

Cool, I was going to use that brand paint on two bikes coming up. :thumbsup:

I have a Cat that came with a little briggs that someone replaced the recoil cover with a mower so the tank is sideways. It made me laugh so much that I'm going to restore it that way. :laugh: Also a horse chewed on the seat and it has a flower power sticker on the fender.

I think this is why I like old mini's (character) :thumbsup:

Last edited:

1stlegendtx

Cool, I was going to use that brand paint on two bikes coming up. :thumbsup:

I have a Cat that came with a little briggs that someone replaced the recoil cover with a mower so the tank is sideways. It made me laugh so much that I'm going to restore it that way. :laugh: Also a horse chewed on the seat and it has a flower power sticker on the fender.

I think this is why I like old mini's (character) :thumbsup:
It looks like yours has the original green under there. I was going to paint mine the O.E. green but I wanted to try this Metal Specks paint. I think when I get to the Bonanza I will use the Blue Metal Specks paint. I keep forgetting to ask you, are these thing supposed to have a rear fender?:confused:

It looks like yours has the original green under there. I was going to paint mine the O.E. green but I wanted to try this Metal Specks paint. I think when I get to the Bonanza I will use the Blue Metal Specks paint. I keep forgetting to ask you, are these thing supposed to have a rear fender?:confused:
The ad's show no fenders on the 250 models and I think people added them. I hate how they mounted them because they can slip down and one of mine has wrapped tape on the forks for that reason. :eek:ut:.

I have two that where originally lime green and the other not sure, the green ones have kick stands and both came with one front fender but one is heavier. None with chain gaurds and the stickers are $$$ I almost bought a sticker printer on CL BTW. :thumbsup:

( BTW, very funny Randy! :thefinger:)

1stlegendtx

The ad's show no fenders on the 250 models and I think people added them. I hate how they mounted them because they can slip down and one of mine has wrapped tape on the forks for that reason. :eek:ut:.

I have two that where originally lime green and the other not sure, the green ones have kick stands and both came with one front fender but one is heavier. None with chain gaurds and the stickers are $$$ I almost bought a sticker printer on CL BTW. :thumbsup:

( BTW, very funny Randy! :thefinger:)
Yea I'm not a fan of how the fender mounts either.:thumbdown: But good or bad stock is stock.:doah: I got a chain guard copy from Mac. Its nice and a good price. :thumbsup: I have an old vinyl cutter but I don't think I could make a good copy of the sticker.

1stlegendtx

The sun came out for a few seconds today so I took some pictures. They didn't turn out very good but that's all I could get with any sun. I have to thank Mac if it wasn't for him I would not have gotten the wheel inserts and the clutch cover. :thumbsup:THANKS MAC!:thumbsup:

1stlegendtx

Looks nice! :thumbsup: Did you get the foot rests at bent bike? (they have some that work)
Thanks. I bought a bunch of foot rests from them but don't remember if these are part of that bunch or not.:doah: Mac is looking for a rear fender for me. After that I think this one will be done.:thumbsup:

i have a cat rear fender its from a hustler its pretty rusted but i think itll clean up if blasted . i can take pics or whatever if you want let me know