front brake set-up

Does anyone know a good way to add front brakes to the db-30?
Can you use the same brake as the rear does? Any after market systems available? thanks
:confused:

you need a rear wheel on the front, rotor, caliper and lever. Make a custom bracket and weld it to the forks. You have to machine :hack: the flange off the sprocket side of the rear wheel and make a couple spacers.

2 weeks ago I finally hooked one up on my red DB-30, it works great. I made new fender mounts also. I have to paint it and it will be done.

Check it out

Thanks for the pics! My buddy and I are checking it out now. We have come to the conclusion that until we get better brakes, there isnt much sense in increasing top speed.:scooter:

the front brake works great, the mini stops on a dime. you have to keep the steering head bolt tight so you don't get any slop in the forks. I bought the wheel and brake handle from Baja Motorsports. The caliper and rotor I got from ebay

My dad says that before I get a bigger engine, I have to make my bakes better. My brakes are bad now, so I might be able to get him to help me put on some front brakes, if he agrees.

Nice job on the front brake, I was thinking of just welding a hub on the front and a disc bracket.

For the guys with bad brakes,,, they are adjustable (side nob and cable too) mine works pretty damn good but a front would be even better.

Hey Cjtmini,

Please tell me about the tires you're running there.

How do you like them? Where did you get them & what do they usually run?

Thanks

the tires are Kenda super turf 15/5.50/6 :thumbsup:

I got them from jedstires.com back in the spring

These Kenda tires are wearing like truck tires and give great grip on the street. I'll be buying a set for my other mini

I bought some Carlisle Feild Trax 145/70/6 for my orange DB and they are wearing quick, like the stock ones. I would not recomend these tires

My dad says that before I get a bigger engine, I have to make my bakes better. My brakes are bad now, so I might be able to get him to help me put on some front brakes, if he agrees.
you should be able to adjust them. my friend's DB with a 110cc 4sp Lifan stops really well with the stock brake. we're both 250+lbs and do 45+ on it.

the scrub brake on my Cat is absolutely horrible compared to the brake on the DB.

the Kenda super Turf's have been wearing great. Not much grip on the dirt, lot's of grip on cement

on my other bike I hooked up Carlisle Feild Trax and they are wearing faster than the stock POS tires

you should make this your next Kit and sell them ! a lot of us dont have the required welding skills or the tools to even try... you could buy all the parts, weld them up and ship them out ! these bikes sure need the extra stopping power !

It would be tough to sell as a kit because the caliper bracket is welded to the forks. I wish I could help DB owners with a front brake set up but the cost of the parts (to buy them new from Baja Motorsports) welding the bracket to the forks and machining the hub on the wheel would be expensive.