Recent content by bobbb

1. B

Throttle help

If it's a cheap Asian import ( like most) definetly smooth all the burrs out of the inside- this is the biggest thing. Make sure when you slide the twist tube back on ( bar lubed with white lithium grease) that you leave a space between the hand grip and the end of the handle bar so it won't...
  2. B

Lil Indian Brake Caliper and Lever

One of those sold complete today on Ebay for 100.00. Even had the tall castle nut. Keep checking.
  3. B

Little indian with attitude!

Why would anyone mangle up one of the most popular mini bikes on the planet???!!! This person should be arrested and made to turn it back to stock? God, what a mess !!! If you want a drag bike, buy a drag bike, but leave the Lil Indians to those of us that appreciate them. I know I can't be the...
  4. B

stripping paint on an engine

I used a bunch of stripper and it took off quite a bit, but not enough. Bought a $ 14.00 sandblast gun with hose and feed tube off Ebay and a $3.00 bag of play sand (sifted through a window screen first) and it got off EVERYTHING !! Then washed with soap and water and it was ready to repaint...
  5. B

sprocket

I ordered another blank sprocket from OldMiniBikes and this time the bearing hole is properly centered and my too loose to too tight chain problem is cured!!! I now realize the drilled mounting holes had nothing to do with the problem. I even drilled the new one myself and it works perfect. It was all...
  6. B

sprocket woes

I got another blank sprocket from OldMiniBikes and this time the center hole was properly centered and my too loose to too tight chain problem was cured!! I now know the first one was defective and it was NOT the way the holes(mounting) were drilled. The bearing hole was off.
  7. B

three hole sprocket

Hey, thanks for your efforts I appreciate it. wanting to stick with a 60 tooth I ordered another blank from OldMiniBikes and this time the center hole was centered and my too loose to too tight chain problem is cured! I now know the first one was defective. Thanks again for your help.
  8. B

three hole sprocket

As best as I can tell, yes.
  9. B

three hole sprocket

I wish I could, but since I don't have one that's not an option. It would just be a regular old style 3 mounting hole sprocket. 7 1/4" diameter - 60 tooth- 35 chain- 1 3/8" bearing hole- mount holes 2 3/8" apart center to center. to fit a 3 spoke 4" mag wheel for my lil indian. In the 60's these...
  10. B

sprocket woes

I recently bought a blank sprocket from OldMiniBikes. Had it drilled, but the chain ran from too loose to too tight. I figured the holes were off. I enlarged the holes & made a bit oblong so I could adjust the fit. No matter what I did, the chain stayed too loose or too tight. I finally took the...
  11. B

three hole sprocket

WTB three hole mount 2 3/8" center to center- 60 tooth -35 chain rear sprocket for 4" wheel. Any out there?
  12. B

sprocket

I recently bought a blank sprocket from OldMiniBikes. Had it drilled and the chain ran too loose to too tight. Figured the holes were off. Made the holes bigger and then even oblong-ed them for maneuverability, but nothing made any difference! I changed the sprocket bearing too, but still no change...
  13. B

Lil Indian brake caliper Slotted Nut

They sell those at True Value. If they're too short just space them out with a spacer or a couple washers.
  14. B

sprocket

Any 3 hole 60 tooth sprockets for a 4" wheel ( 35 chain) out there?? I bought a blank and had it drilled and they screwed it up. Chain goes from tight to sloppy as you rotate the wheel. If I have to buy another is there a foolproof way to get them drilled perfectly? Thanks.
  15. B

LiL Indian disc brake help

I saw those at True Value yesterday.