Throttle help

I'm finishing up my mini bike project, and I have the throttle not retracting smoothly. As in after twisting the throttle open, it doesn't want go back closed on it's own. Any suggestions?

CarPlayLB

A fine friend of mine has suggested to take the throttle apart and get rid of all the sharp edges...he claims his smoothed right out and was more "fluid" ...that and put a spring on it!

I have a return spring, I actually added a second one. I think I'm going to shorten the cable a bit and change the clamp to be more in a straight line as it pulls throttle. I'll also try cleaning up the inside of the throttle too.

T-Town Mini

Also, check for resistance from the hand grip itself contacting the cable housing on the handle bars.

I chased a throttle return issue much like you described and after going through and deburring, lubricating, etc. as the others mentioned I found that this was where the problem was. The slightest touch from the rubber grip against the housing was enough to slow the throttle from returning adequately.

If it's a cheap Asian import ( like most) definetly smooth all the burrs out of the inside- this is the biggest thing. Make sure when you slide the twist tube back on ( bar lubed with white lithium grease) that you leave a space between the hand grip and the end of the handle bar so it won't bind there either. Then a good return spring and when you let go of the throttle it will snap back to idle position.

Also, check for resistance from the hand grip itself contacting the cable housing on the handle bars.

I chased a throttle return issue much like you described and after going through and deburring, lubricating, etc. as the others mentioned I found that this was where the problem was. The slightest touch from the rubber grip against the housing was enough to slow the throttle from returning adequately.
Where did you get the gas tank from?