Recent content by charliesharp

1. C

my 1st mini bike

had it out for a little this afternoon and it is time to shorten the seat :)
  2. C

my 1st mini bike

to be honest I'm not a big fan of it either
  3. C

my 1st mini bike

that was the plan :)
  4. C

my 1st mini bike

I had a blue on blue 71 road runner with a 383 and a pistol grip 4 speed - miss that car :) this car I got when I graduated high school in 86 and drove about a year before I swapped in a 440 and had it drop a valve (then I got the road runner)
  5. C

my 1st mini bike

was originally a 318 with a push button automatic but has been swapped to a 440 and it runs low 11s @ 118MPH in the 1/4 mile I actually have 2 of them
  6. C

my 1st mini bike

thank you!
  7. C

my 1st mini bike

Good eye Doug! it is a 62 Plymouth Fury (long story but it's been in the family since 84 or 85)
  8. C

my 1st mini bike

I am thinking about shortening the seat but that probably won't happen until after the wheelie accident that is sure to come :)
  9. C

my 1st mini bike

it is the biggest I could find :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  10. C

my 1st mini bike

took the "death trap" for the 1st ride tonight :scooter: carb needs adjusted yet but...
  11. C

my 1st mini bike

just an update on the progress I've made...still not ready to fire it up yet
  12. C

final gear ratio

It has standard governing
  13. C

final gear ratio

I'm liking the idea of another roller for a next build
  14. C

final gear ratio

Tires are about 12", I weigh 220 something...mostly will be flat land and not a lot of distance...leaning towards more acceleration and less top speed
  15. C

final gear ratio

not sure what a good gear ratio to shoot for is. I have a 6 horse with a 10 tooth clutch and 60 tooth sprocket and I will be adding a jackshaft but do I want to stay with 10 tooth spockets (final drive 6.00)on the jackshaft or like a 13 and 17 (4.59 final drive)...I'm not looking to set land...