Recent content by copenhagen59

1. C

Briggs v. Tecumseh v. Clone

From what I've always seen. Briggs and Stratton: Reliable, last a long time, and have a good history. Honda/Clones: Cheap (clones), fairly reliable, easy to make more power. Tec: Never really had good luck with them.... but that's just me.
  2. C

How much of a power gain can I expect?

A crankcase breather would not be necessary at that power level.
  3. C

Carb jet size for honda clone

It seems like most people reccomend a #90 with that setup. Thats what I had in mine for awhile, but I also have gov. removed, flat top piston, and supporting billet mods. I ran good with a good plug reading. I recently intalled a #92 jet though and I really like it. Starts easier and runs...
  4. C

Synthetic oil

I've heard this before but I would like to know your guys opinion. Does switching to a slick synthetic over a dino oil really make an difference in power and RPM ? I mean if you think about it, less friction means it can turn easier and you would think you could squeeze just a little more...
  5. C

Synthetic oil

Just changed the oil with some Mobile 1 10w30 synthetic :thumbsup:
  6. C

Black Spark Plugs??

After the very first time I ran my 6.5hp clone outta the box, I checked the plug and it was black. My brand new 400ex , I rode it like 2 times and pulled the plug, it was black. Seen it too many times. The machines run and start good and don't blow any black smoke. I believe it's just the...
  7. C

Black Spark Plugs??

Every small engine I've ever takin the spark plug out of has been black.
  8. C

First basic clone build

Well guys I installed my #92 honda jet this evening and it seems to start and idle a good bit easier :thumbsup: . I haven't really had the chance to ride it yet. But I'm hoping for the best! I also changed the oil with 10w 30 Mobile 1
  9. C

HF service cart..

I've been thinking about getting one of those black carts for awhile. They look like the craftsman version but alot cheaper. Next time I see it on sale for that price I might get one
  10. C

Synthetic oil

Would this Mobile 1 10w30 be good to use?
  11. C

Synthetic oil

Hey guys, I was wondering if using 10w 30 Mobile 1 synthetic oil in my built clone would be good. I've put 3 hours worth of break in time with 10w 30 dino oil and it all seems to run good. Is there any downside to switching to this synthetic besides cost? It's what AGK recommends on...
  12. C

6.5 with mikuni of ATC 90 ?

Sorry but I've already told a buddy he could have it (minus the carb)
  13. C

Well I just built this engine and broke it in. I really like it but if this carb works there's always room for more :wink: . I'm on a budget so I can't really spend too much. I would buy the adapter though if it was worth it. It's been rebuilt with a brand new kit and works fine on a 3...
  14. C

Well guys I have a mildly built 6.5hp clone (billet rod,flywheel, 4 degree timing, intake, exhaust, ect.) with a stock carb and a #90 jet. I'm thinking about putting a #92 in it though since I have one. But my question is, I have an old Honda ATC 90 three wheeler thats junk but it's got a...