Recent content by creed bennett

1. creed bennett

HS40 Bolt sizes

Yep, 5/16x24. I had a clutch band brake package for another project and the bolts fit the Tecumseh perfectly.
  2. creed bennett

HS40 Bolt sizes

Never mind. I figured it out.
  3. creed bennett

HS40 Bolt sizes

What are the size and thread count for the four bolt holes around the output shaft. I call myself having a decent bolt assortment but can’t find anything that will thread in them. Thanks in advance for the knowledge!
  4. creed bennett

So what are you welding with? (Post your set up here)

I picked this little item up today. I got the stove from another place to use for backup heat for the house. Stove was free but the anvil cost me $350. $5 a pound which is a screaming good deal in my area.
  5. creed bennett

More of a motorcycle engine look

Hmmm, I think I may now have the excuse to build a drag bike. That would be a good reason to build it, run it and do some testing. I’m a HVAC tech of 38 years and I have quite a bit of test equipment that might come in handy for finding if a engine could stand functioning with the fins showing...
  6. creed bennett

More of a motorcycle engine look

What do you all call the metal that covers the cooling fins? I know the part where the pull rope is is the shroud. I was wondering if a engine like a predator for instance could be run without all the other pieces that cover the fins and assist in channeling the air through the shroud where the...
  7. creed bennett

Where do you cool guys get your cool wheels?

Thanks Jeep2003! Very useful info. So do you have a 2003 Jeep? Wrangler? I had a 2005 wrangler that I sold in 2015 to my best friend. It was perfect with 34,000, Impact Orange soft top, Sport, 4.0 straight six and a six speed. My buddy still has it with almost 50,000 miles now. My back has...
  8. creed bennett

eBay Tecumseh Motorsports

i think I’m going to save one of mine unbuilt for historical reasons as well or at least save it for a really special project. Considering what it cost to do something like it to a clone motor I though these were a lot of bang for the buck especially with free shipping from Puerto Rico. I wonder...
  9. creed bennett

And before y’all ask for picture…..why do I keep forgetting the pics?
  10. creed bennett

Thanks for that Tom! I saved those for future reference. Is there a source for the Fimco decals?
  11. creed bennett

So did anyone else on here buy any of the Tecumseh Motorsport 5.5 racing engine kits On eBay? I bought one and liked it so much I decided to get another one. I haven’t built them yet but everything looks good about them. The guy is in Puerto Rico, $225 with billet rod (the ones I got) and $200...
  12. creed bennett

We for the most part are grown men that play with mini bikes. We‘re all COOL!
  13. creed bennett

Yep Tom they look good! My first vintage mini bike was a Femco Little Butch chopper. I actually found the correct NOS Tecumseh engine for it a few months ago locally. I’ve got $140 in it so far. $70 for the roller frame and $70 for the engine. Did Fimco call all there mini bikes Little Butch...
  14. creed bennett

There they are! Thanks Ole4, I knew you guys would come through if I could just figure out how to tell you what I wanted. Wheels and tire sizes sometimes make my eyes roll back in my head! ‍
  15. creed bennett

The AZ wheels can be bought at OldMiniBikes and GoPowerSport ect. I can find those pretty easy. I can’t find the example I’m thinking about but the guy builds mini bike size trikes and he always has the coolest rims on his stuff. He's always got solid dished kart racing wheels on the back and then...