Recent content by Dubs

1. D

ARC Top Place / Throttle Assembly

Chipper - I might not be following your logic, but the big throttle arm would has to be 'pushed' not 'pulled' ... if that makes sense. Again, maybe I'm not following you.
  2. D

Probably should have spent the 10 min I just did researching the issue prior to purchasing :laugh: Based on my light reading ... sounds like I am unable to mount the top plate as intended while keeping the governor in tact. bummer. ARC Top Plate ... coming to a classifieds posting near you!
  3. D

I ended up pulling the trigger and purchased the ARC top plate from OldMiniBikes (thanks, OldMiniBikes - fast shipping as always!). Now ... onto the shameful question: How do you install it, and does it bypass the governor (which I don't want to do)?
  4. D

Engine suggestion for speedway scarab

I'm seeing a lot of older 5HP Tec engines on snowblowers all over craigslist for cheap ... are these any different? Would seem to me the benefits are low hours, lighting coil.... but functionally are they any different?
  5. D

Good to know! My odds of finding one just got better! Right now I'm running HS 35
  6. D

Speedway Parts

Trying to revive a 1970 Speedway Scarab. I'm in need of: - Clutch - Driven Clutch - belt - Jack shaft (including bearings, sprocket, etc.) - Rear brake assembly From the research I've done, I'm pretty sure the rear brakes on this model were frame mounted disc brakes that used the...
  7. D

After some helpful PMs from fellow members I'm leaning toward sticking with what I have on it and holding out for an ebay or craigslist 4hp Tec. Thanks all for the replies and PMs!
  8. D

Speedway clutch cover for sale.

I'll take it! Sending PM. Thanks!
  9. D

This slanted intake adapter ... can you point me to where I can find one? I'm going to be buying a new engine for this frame ... so if it needs a slanted intake, I'll likely be buying an engine that has such an adapter readily available for it. Sorry for all the questions - thanks for the help!
  10. D

Arctic Cat worth it?

As a new member, one that intends on sticking around! And continuing to spend all my available cash on OldMiniBikes! I wanted to wrap this up. My apologies for breaking the rules. I was unaware such a rule existed. However, thank you to those of you that actually wanted to be helpful and...
  11. D

Arctic Cat worth it?

Or just look at a members post history. Seems to be a fine line between being a stickler for the rules, and just being overly cynical. To those of you that actually provided a helpful and productive response, thank you.
  12. D

Can any engine be mounted on an angled mounting plate? Sorry for noob question - I just assumed the carb would have to be level
  13. D

Arctic Cat worth it?

I'm looking for my next project, but am still quite green as to value. Is this a decent deal? Arctic Cat mini bike Prowler vintage
  14. D

H.F. Predator

ole - did you have to do anything special to get the Pred to work right on the slanted engine mounting plate?
  15. D

DoodleBug Performance Jackshaft

Or ... post pics of yours and we can do our best to diagnose your specific issue.