Recent content by Evil_EdwardO

1. E

Predator 212 Governor - Limit it, or removal...???

Newer cars govern electronically and I doubt the older cars had a flimsy plastic gear that governed the engines. Also, most automobiles are governed at 155mph.
  2. E

Valve springs

I was going to remove my governor eventually but may just do it a piece at a time. Eventually I want to get a higher performance cam which would require 22lb springs. Would installing 22lb springs in a stock motor hinder performance without removing the governor? I was going to change the...
  3. E

Coleman ct200 torque adjustment?

Is this a stock ct200u?
  4. E

Coleman BT200X help

If you buy the GPS TC for the 5/8ths shaft, it doesn't fit well on the BT200x. The chain hits the driven pulley, so you need to shim between the gear and the pulley. If you use washer, you need to slot them for the key to fit them on the shaft. I just helped a friend yesterday that bought this...
  5. E

Coleman BT200X help

Here's the thread I started about the 5/8 shaft. I got it to work. https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/5-8-to-3-4-crankshaft-conversion.166811/ For me it looked like the adapter may work on it's own but I didn't trust it. I bought the riser plate from OldMiniBikes which lifts the...
  6. E

5/8 to 3/4 crankshaft conversion

Just an update: I stuck everything on with the adapter without the key and everything seemed to grab. I didn't have to trim the adapter, I had a 3 inch one. I forgot the enclosed screw was for a 3/4" shaft and tried the one from my clutch and it was too short. I ended up at the hardware store...
  7. E

small wheel tire changers at Harbor Freight

Tagging along, I've been looking at these also.
  8. E

Torque Converter for Predator 212

Before installing the bushing oil it and let it sit a day, so the oil soaks in the brass. Lightly wipe the bushing off and install it. You don't want it sopping with oil.
  9. E

Now that I have the sleeve, it is pretty obvious. With the spacers I need to align the TC, looks like I'll have plenty of space for the key once I get it shaved down. Hopefully I have time this weekend to finish it up and try it out. Thanks!!
  10. E

I'm just curious, and want to see if I can get this to work. I had a few other ideas I was going to try and the epoxying was going to be the last thing I tried if my other ideas failed. I was either going to get a new crank for the Hisun or buy a Predator if I screw it up royally.
  11. E

So what's the trick? Or will it be self explanatory when I get the sleeve? I have one ordered but won't be here until Friday.
  12. E

You can't use the key that comes with the sleeve, as I said earlier, torque converters have a built in key (not removeable)
  13. E

Thats what I'm talking about epoxing to the shaft. Torque converters have a built in key and the key doesn't go deep enough to engage the shaft. The shaft would just spin inside the sleeve.
  14. E

Was just thinking, has any one ever tried using metal bonding epoxy to attach a sleeve with key to the crankshaft? Since the torque converters key isn't long enough to get down to the original shaft, I thought I try it. I figured I give it a shot and if I ruined the crankshaft then I would...