Recent content by hornetd

1. H

Comment by 'hornetd' in media 'K & S Hornet Deluxe'

It was manufactured in Fort Worth, Texas in the early 70's. Attached link is the original brochure. http://jleibovitch.tripod.com/id221.htm
  2. H

Mini-Bike Race Tragedy...

Lonestar Roundup 2010 I was at the lonestar roundup and the girl who had the mini bike accident from what I hear is doing fine...knee injury, no broken bones. No reason to cancel mini bike races due to a minor accident. I was there ready to race my Hornet. I was able to squeeze in about ten...
  3. H

Bought a used mini bike with H35 engine. Won't start, what to try 1st?

I had the same problem with my 5hp Tecumseh, it would only stay on for about 5 seconds. I took the carb apart, cleaned and reinstalled...still had the same problem. Try this, (it worked for me)...Dip your carb in carburetor/parts cleaner for about one hour...let dry or shoot air with air...
  4. H

Finally found some projects!!!!

Coming along very well! Hey Bud, I noticed while you were working you got a little thristy...lol...:drinkup: I noticed you drink bud light...I can see the beer bottles in the back ground...lol I do the same thing! :thumbsup:
  5. H

Thanks! The Wheelie bar was added on. This bike is fun to ride wheelie's, I can ride a wheelie down the whole block...neighbors probably think I'm crazy or waiting for me to wipeout...let's hope not.
  6. H

K&S mini bike

Yeah! but its worth a try. Thanks
  7. H

K&S mini bike

I would like one of your stickers by K&S hornet. Thanks!
  8. H

I like the red one:thumbsup: ...it's just like my son's. The forum helped me identify the bike...1970’s Bird/Jc Penney Foremost mini bike. Check out my before and after pics.
  9. H

1st Mini Bike Project - (before and after pics)

I bought this mini bike for my son, paid $70 bucks. As you can tell...I was more concerned about the 5hp Tecumseh Engine – It runs like a champ! I stripped the bike down to the frame, my son helped sand the frame to bare metal. I painted the bike his favorite color green. I also cleaned the...
  10. H

Comment by 'hornetd' in media 'Bird Mini 2.5hp Tecumseh'

Do you know approximately what year it is?
  11. H

Comment by 'hornetd' in media 'JC Penney "foremost" sticker scan'

Hello, I would like to buy a sticker. Thanks!
  12. H

Need Help! Identifying Chopper.

Need Help! Identifying Chopper Thanks for your response. No, it belongs to my brother. I just replaced the engine. I'm not planning to rebuild/restore.
  13. H

Need Help! Identifying Chopper.

Thanks for your response. No, it belongs to my brother. He asked me to replace the engine, it had an old Briggs that did not work. I replaced it with a 6hp Tecumseh. The chopper runs smooth and very comfortable.
  14. H

Need Help! Identifying mini bike.

Thanks for your help, have a good day. This is a fun mini bike...especially riding a wheelie.