Recent content by jaimenv

1. jaimenv

Baja mini bike enigine- Not starting

Can you return the engine for another one? Before you start tearing in to it and void your warranty if any. It does sound like either blowing or sucking air, maybe as mentioned there is a head gasket leak/valve stuck open. I would squirt some gas in to the carburetor or get the sparkplug...
  2. jaimenv

How is it possible ?

That's right rub it in.:facepalm: So far unless I get some one to buy one for me and send it over which will cost $$$ on top of the price I can't get one shipped over. HF no go Mighty Amazon no go OldMiniBikes warehouse NO go.
  3. jaimenv

Oops, I did it again...Brought home another DB30S (New Project)

I figure the hobby is doing ok over here, every once in a while I see other people riding their minis. I only been back in the island for the last 3 years after a 27 year absence. So I don't know other people to meet and go riding around, I sort off do a quick solo and return home. I have been...
  4. jaimenv

Oops, I did it again...Brought home another DB30S (New Project)

Your minibike came out excellent Lots of very meticulous work and TLC. Love the pictures out on the road nice get together and ride. :scooter:
  5. jaimenv

Just got this mini baja and can't figure out

Yes I am going to need a spacer in the sprocket The chain bearly clears the side wall of the 20x8x8 Hi Run tire. I am good riding it up there no problem, now the wide flat design tire in the front its a bear on turn you have to lean in to it. Took it out today and it rides great torque is...
  6. jaimenv

Appearently the MB200 Lives again

Yes it is must be Guess the two I got a hold of are 165's.
  7. jaimenv

The seat and exhaust came to light The seat had to be stretched due to leg length. Trying to come out with a comfortable riding position. I got lucky in a way on the exhaust setup because some one had cut up and welded a Harley exhaust muffler to fit a baja minibike I bought. So it was a...
  8. jaimenv

Appearently the MB200 Lives again

Awesome Great it is good that they are still being made and they sale parts to boot.:thumbsup: I just order me a front rim and front wheel shaft I needed, best thing is they ship to PR :biggrin:. Looks like they redesigned the front fender bracket, so the fender mounts/rides lower, looks...
  9. jaimenv

Coming along Here it is still in progress. Did some rust removal and paint, so to try and keep the cancer at bay. Handlebars had quite some rust so had to paint it too, also cut two inches from each end of the handlebars they where just to wide and since the bike it's going to be in the...
  10. jaimenv

Yes the fenders are metal and goofy to say the least. The mini baja is 2004 vintage according to the vin number on the frame neck area. So yea it is probably a 5.5hp motor on it. Yes it is the original motor on it. Found out what the recalls where, shoddy welding and thin walled tubing and...
  11. jaimenv

What hp engine it has. Is there a way of telling if it is a 5.5 or a 6.5 hp. It runs as is and the lights work, it has a jackshaft setup I am going to get rid off and install a chino TAV. Appreciate any hints on the jackshaft to tav swap. Its missing the chain guard any idea where to...
  12. jaimenv

chain and sprocket size 41, 40, 420, 428

Then again you may have a mix of standard us made chain or sprockets, even when they have the same spec numbers they will not match/fit like they should. The chart below is a Chinese spec chart that I will figure will only fit correctly on a Chinese manufacture sprocket hint hint ;)...
  13. jaimenv

chain and sprocket size 41, 40, 420, 428

Maybe this will help a little. Note the in between plates size/gap, this is where the sprocket thickness has to match the chain.
  14. jaimenv

help sos ... --- ... wmb w??

Something like this. https://youtu.be/8qpDgSktoE8 https://youtu.be/mShZ5l3FwcY
  15. jaimenv

New Project Wirld Wind

Hope the MB-6 came around after sitting for a while, you know they get jealous. I figure the TAV and rear sprocket combo makes this bikes a handful to the unsuspecting rider. To add to that the foot break does not help matters by the time you feel the front tire get off the ground and look...