How is it possible ?

noseoil

It's possible because their internal parts are so CHEAP! The main journal on my crankshaft is a "few" thousandths out of round & mics out like an egg. So far, the rest of the parts (the block made out of recycled beer cans & some screws made out of recycled pot metal) are good enough to work with, but they're cheap because their tolerances are barely good enough to function....

It's possible because their internal parts are so CHEAP! The main journal on my crankshaft is a "few" thousandths out of round & mics out like an egg. So far, the rest of the parts (the block made out of recycled beer cans & some screws made out of recycled pot metal) are good enough to work with, but they're cheap because their tolerances are barely good enough to function....
The only Predator motors I hear about blowing up are the ones people build up.
I am an old flat top guy and have no real love for the new motors but they seem pretty stout even when modified.
I know I've been passed on group rides by herds of Chinese powered minis doing at LEAST 50 mph ... my TAVed up H50 Tec will do 35mph at best with a tail wind at 3800 RPM.

No real love but respect has been earned from me anyway ...

SAS289

Harbor Freight has a history of inexpensive engines Predator or not. Some years ago I bought 3 Greyhounds with coupons. After tax I think they were $88 a piece. Two are used as utility engines and still run well today. The third is still new and I may build it up and put it in the mini bike.

Like them or not, the fact is that these engines are one of the best VALUES around. Years ago when my son and I still had our Baja DBs, each bike had a HF 6.5 engine- one with the early "Greyhound" version and one with the later "Predator" model. We ran the heck out of those bikes and those engines were bulletproof.
Michael

gbabins1

We have about 6 of these engines and countless Greyhound 6.5's back in the day. I haven't killed one yet and while we only jet, pipe and put different exhaust on... we rev and beat the snot out of them. We do have them geared for our type of riding and change the oil but they are totally worth it.
"Rev 'em 'till ya dead 'em"
but we havent killed one yet.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Harquebus

The Greyhounds are the predecessor of the Predators, right? These are the blue engines?

I was still chasing women and drinking beer as my sole interest when these were popular. And for some reason the blue paint on those didn't seem to be very appealing.
They got smart in the marketing department by painting these black and adding the ever-so-catchy and ominous "Predator" name to these engines.

I too have noticed them priced as cheap as $94.99 on certain holiday sales or occasions.

Living in a cave isn't so bad Divouneh, it's a great way to live. My girlfriend for instance, isn't quite sure who Justin Bieber is so there's no loss there at all...
:laugh::sleeping:

I don't know much about this new found hobby yet and quite new to this forum but I bought one today for $99.00. Seems like the eBay has quite a few accessories for the 212 including throttle linkage kits exhaust systems and much more.
WG

I don't know much about this new found hobby yet and quite new to this forum but I bought one today for $99.00. Seems like the eBay has quite a few accessories for the 212 including throttle linkage kits exhaust systems and much more.
WG
Greetings..those engines pretty stout stock form w just free flowing exhaust, air filter and jets..gearing...plenty of how to videos on ytube ..all the way to engine mods if want:smile:

That's right rub it in.:facepalm:

So far unless I get some one to buy one for me and send it over which will cost $$$ on top of the price I can't get one shipped over.
HF no go Mighty Amazon no go OldMiniBikes warehouse NO go.

At least once a year Harbor Freight has them even cheaper than $99.
Some Stores will even honor a 20% off coupon on the sale price.

Danford1
Never ever has this happened. They always say that it's already on sale and they can't take 20% off. Now I have seen them at $94 with just a coupon.

We have about 6 of these engines and countless Greyhound 6.5's back in the day. I haven't killed one yet and while we only jet, pipe and put different exhaust on... we rev and beat the snot out of them. We do have them geared for our type of riding and change the oil but they are totally worth it.
"Rev 'em 'till ya dead 'em"
but we havent killed one yet.

You aren't making power until you've killed a few.

gbabins1

You aren't making power until you've killed a few.
Haha, I hear what you're saying. I feel like they make adequate power for our type of riding and they're super reliable. My son keeps trying to get me to build one up... I'm a little hesitant because I don't want to sacrifice reliability to go a little faster.