Recent content by Jay Wrix

1. Jay Wrix

Handheld engine starters? Making mine from a briggs electric start.

On 4cycle.com there was someone that made a beautiful hand held starter out of an old Subaru starter ( for a car, im assuming a small motor) but It lasted forever, looked great and cost sixty dollars, best of all he had a step by step on how to doit, Ill try to find it later1
  2. Jay Wrix

clone mikuni from fleabay

It is a taper bore, should perform sweet thou The screw in question is the idle adjustment screw, ( makes the venturi open more or less)
  3. Jay Wrix

racing clutches

Much better for certain applications, Like kart racing on a track, check out Noram GE clutches, and the Max Tourqe draggin skin, serious clutches, but there not plate clutches, and they wont break the budget, but yield more performance then a generic clutch, and they are also adjustable and...
  4. Jay Wrix

any ultralite guys ?

I think Ill be in the Keweenaw right around then, So I may have to road trip and check it out
  5. Jay Wrix

any ultralite guys ?

(expensive):sadcrying4::hammer::glare:
  6. Jay Wrix

any ultralite guys ?

Ive always wanted to, Its rather expensive to get started, correct? When are you guys gathering in Oshkosh?
  7. Jay Wrix

Nitrous Oxide Help

alot of people wouldnt try it Ive got a motor, itll go vroom, or itll go boom well see, I believe hes point out that typically your adding your nitrous to a EFI CAR and they typically run higher fuel pressure then a briggs. Ill do something wacky with this motor.....
  8. Jay Wrix

Gx 110

845mx5, Do you like having any fun? I like building weird and wonderful things, that few have, so why not?! I mean I have a 110 sitting in my basment, I also think youd be suprised what parts of motors, you can make fit in strange places, 120 valve springs, 160/200 header, carburator, and If...
  9. Jay Wrix

f-150

No misunderstanding, I was just saying my straight 6 gets better fuel economy then the smaller v-6, Highway that is, I honestly couldnt tell ya about city miles thou, I agree with you in every aspect otherwise, The explorer sucks gas down worse then anything, and I understand that they are two...
  10. Jay Wrix

Ice Scooter

That, Is one killer creation, I like
  11. Jay Wrix

billet intake

Ive seen them around, Im not sure if they are available anymore, but I am sure they are around, lemme look through a couple books when I get home later
  12. Jay Wrix

f-150

Fast Tote Goat, I honestly have to disagree, We have a Ford Explorer with a 4.0 Liter v-6 and my 300 (4.9L) has much better fuel economy, Then again, Its two different beasts, Ill take a I-6 over V-6 any day of the week, I dont want an underpowered dog,
  13. Jay Wrix

f-150

A long way is right, Originally mine had the first year of fuel injection in it, But the motor was siezed, So a 1996 Straight 6 was put in, combinded with a 2002 Mazda M50D-2 5 speed transmission with an Exedy clutch, mated up with the Limited slip 3.87 I really wanna add a 4.10 in the rear for...
  14. Jay Wrix

f-150

OH HELL YES. I love my '87 the 300 has massive ammounts of torque, and pulls great, my trucks over hauled a few cars =), Ive had it on the Lake Superior Pro Rally Course and had it airborne this summer, nasty muddy logging roads, ( I do not advise doing this what so ever, under ANY...
  15. Jay Wrix

Gx 110

Anyone ever build one up? If so, what did ya do, and how were your results?