Recent content by JerseyJay609

1. J

1992 Carter Brothers Shortster

Hi! I have two 1992 Carter Brothers Shortsters, these mini bikes are pretty rare and sought after a lot. Both Shortsters have genuine Comet 30 series, 2 speed torque converters and Tecumseh 6.0hp Power Stroke motors. I weigh 220 pounds and these bikes have no problem handling my weight! I would...
  2. J

Upgrade Advice for Tecumseh OHV 6.0 OHH60 Carb, Plug, etc.

Hey all!! I have a Tecumseh OHH60 motor and want to do a few simple mods/upgrades. The carb on the motor now is stock, I found a high performance carb on ebay (New High Power Racing Carburetor Tecumseh 640346 640305 Fit OHH50 55 60 65 | eBay) but the carb does not have a primer bulb, but does...
  3. J

Help, what is this mini bike

I think the sprocket is trashed
  4. J

Carter Shortster Parts Needed

Hi all!!! I bought a mini bike for my son. I had no clue what is was until I posted on here. The mini is a Carter Shortster, I need a 60 tooth sprocket, #41 or 428. The bike had a 428 chain and did not fit the rear sprocket properly. So, I bought a #40 chain and it still does not fit. I'm not...
  5. J

I bought a new #40 chain and it does not fit the rear sprocket, it appears to fit the front sprocket. I took the sproket off and it's 10" in diameter with a 2-7/8" center hole with a square bolt pattern of 2.5".
  6. J

Wow I just saw the diagram you sent, it answered all my questions!!! THANK YOU!!!!!
  7. J

OK, so I should replace the chain and the front sproket to #40. Do I get a particular size front sproket to fit the shaftor are they the same size? The rear sproket might be OK but the end of the teeth look worn and bent all in one direction. Sorry if my questions are kinda stupid but I have no...
  8. J

I belive the rear sproket is no longer good. Is there any chance you could give me a call, 609.267.7408. Any help is greatly appreciated. Feel free to call anytime. I promise I won't take up too much of your time. Thanks, Jay
  9. J

Awesome!!! Thanx!!! Do you know where I can get a rear sproket for it? Thanx Again!!!
  10. J

Hi all. I purchased this mini bike last week. It runs great but I never noticed that the rear sproket does not fit the chain properly. The chain is a 428 in size but I'm having a problem finding a sprocket. Can anyone tell what sprocket would fit the 428 chain. Any help would be greatly appreciated.