Recent content by Kapy

1. K

Looking for 2 items, muffler and fuel tank.

Am looking for 1) a muffler with a 1 1/8th" opening and maybe 6-8 " long and 2) a fuel tank to fit a Whirlwind by Ken Bar. Top frame is 2 members coming together toward the front forks. Suppliers or knowledge gladly accepted.
  2. K

TAV2 question.

My build continues with a few road bumps to keep things interesting. Drive line consists to a Predator 212 hemi and a TAV2-30. While testing the drive set up Which is correct according to install instructions and Youtube. What I find is that the TAV system does not engage well as throttle...
  3. K

Exhaust

Thanks Jim. Let me see how this works and I will keep you in mind.
  4. K

Exhaust

Great recommendation. Am working with them right now.
  5. K

Exhaust

OK how did you guys come up with a custom bent exhaust when necessary? My problem, my existing build I had to raise the engine and now my exhaust runs right into the frame.
  6. K

Centrifugal clutch or TAV2 system?

A searching I will go
  7. K

Thank you for the guidance. I reconfigured my gear puller (bent the arms a bit) added a bit more Blaster and tightened the puller and finally heard the "pop" I needed to hear, off it came. again thanks. If I may ask one final Q? Any particular TAV2 system you recommend? Don't care about...
  8. K

Is it possible that their are no set screws? I have removed the engine and even when placed in great light on my work bench I can find no set screws anywhere... Your picture is an (apparent) exact duplicate of what I am trying to remove but the part does not wish to help in the effort. This is...
  9. K

The learning continues..... It has been suggested that I look into TAV's to replace the centrifugal clutch and a TAV2 does look good. Just wondering about.....removing a centrifugal which I am unable to remove from a 212 Hemi crank shaft, no set screw, no key in the keyway, appears to have...
  10. K

Clutch questions

Appears to have a key in the keyway.
  11. K

Clutch questions

Riding would be just though the woods and surrounding forest. Low speed stuff but pretty up and down terrain. OK here's my lack of knowledge. What is a "tav"?
  12. K

Best combo of clutch and motor?

to go on a 212 Hemi. Want strong low end power with little concern for top end speed. Have 3/4" 10 tooth of unknown mfg. Ideas?
  13. K

Clutch questions

I am working on a re-do of someone else' former project. What I have: Predator 212 hemi stage one complete and running. (very strong motor on a small Ken Bar Whirlwind frame. What I am working on? I wish to remove the existing clutch (3/4" shaft 10 teeth) to clean and service (or replace)...
  14. K

Background info on Ken Bars Whirlwind

Can anyone offer any information on Ken Bar Whirlwind production, years of production, and any other info on them? I'm restoring one now.
  15. K

Kill switch

Great, thanks