Recent content by kkinderknecht

1. K

pull start

Did u fix the valve lash? With it being that much the compression release wouldn't open the valve when starting. :hammer:
  2. K

what motor oil

That price is for a case of 6 1 quart bottles still too high for a clone.:thumbdown:
  3. K

How to get free crank & valve cover gaskets.

If cant find gaskets next time RTV silicone works great. Put on a thin layer let set for 5 minutes then assemble. Allow 16 hours to set up and u are good to go. Just make sure there is still enough endplay (side to side) on crankshaft.
  4. K

changing oil is a mess....

What are the threads on a clone engine?
  5. K

Clutch mounted on Jackshaft

Does it help take vibration out too?
  6. K

Also going to be running 10" Z50R wheels any suggestions on final gearing?
  7. K

Hello everyone I am new to the mini bike scene and setting up my first bike. Was wondering how many of you have your clutch mounted on the jackshaft and if you like it and what advantages you have found from doing this? I have a 6.5 yellow clone from NR racing govenor removed 6 deg crank key...
  8. K

where is the best place for parts...levers, grips, throttles etc?

E-Bay has been great for me just make sure to always look at shipping costs there are some crooks out there that is for sure.
  9. K

Where are all of the homebuilt frames at?

What thicknes of steel is being used for forks 240# of rider with 6.5 hp clone.
  10. K

NewBee hello

Sounds like the brake lining are not very good. A jackshaft set up should help with being sluggish without a big expence.
  11. K

small battery

Wal-mart batteries not very good had one go dead after only a month and would not take a charge or jump start. Also had car batts from there that were always going dead with no draw. Everstart is just a cheap batt I would go to a NAPA or other well known auto or motorcycle parts supplier.
  12. K

Long Distance?

So what would be equal mileage for a minibike? Could be lots of fun! and PAIN LOL