Recent content by kycustoms

1. K

Manco Thunderbird disc brake mod

I'd like to see something like that as well. The scrub brake sucks...especially when it's wet outside. Might as well not have any brakes. But you can get a clutch band brake kit from OldMiniBikes warehouse for like $50. That's probably what I will do in the future when i can get mine to stop throwing...
  2. K

Manco Thunderbird build

You really should sell them Dr. Shop Teacher, I have the fabrication skills but I just don't feel like doing it right now. I know I will have to very soon though. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
  3. K

Manco Thunderbird build

I wish it were that easy with the chain. the clutch chain and sprocket are brand new. Now I didn't think about torque flex, but I don't think that is the issue. My best guess, and I've been at work all day to ponder this; and either the motor is vibrating backwards and giving the chain too...
  4. K

Manco Thunderbird build

I'll upload pics later if I get time, but I finally finished the mini bike yesterday. It's scary fast, but the problem is that it's idling super high and it engages the clutch as soon as I start it up. And it keeps throwing the chain. From what I can see, it looks like it's aligned perfectly...
  5. K

Manco thunderbird torque converter install

I thought about that, but then I would have to get an aftermarket exhaust an possibly relocate the tank. So I'll just save the TAV for my next mini build. I really want to get one of those ken bar whirlwind bikes. I missed out on one a little over a month ago. A guy was selling a complete...
  6. K

Yeah, I scrapped the TAV idea after I kept trying to make it work without ditching the scrub brake. And unless I cut into the backplate, which I won't do because it's already a cheap China made part then it's still not going to work for me. So I just went to my local farm supply store and got...
  7. K

The Mikuni v. Chikuni comparison

Thank you for the good info. I had no clue that they had knockoffs of that carb.
  8. K

I'm so pissed that I can't even think straight. Does anyone have any pics of how you modified the TC to fit the predator. I don't even have the tools I need to modify this piece of shit.
  9. K

Oil

Well I'll probably just run conventional 10w-30 then. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
  10. K

Oil

I know the manual for the predator says to use 5w-30 or 10w-30, but is it OK to use synthetic oil? Or should I just run conventional.
  11. K

Manco Thunderbird build

Thanks. I think they look way better. And it makes for a better riding position. I'm going to have to extend the foot pegs because the predator is too big for the frame. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
  12. K

Manco Thunderbird build

It's almost there. Just waiting on my torque converter to get here.
  13. K

Manco Thunderbird gas tank

It was sold a few days ago. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
  14. K

Sprocket mounting holes not lining up.

That's exactly what i'm going to do for my next mini bike build. Good idea.
  15. K

Sprocket mounting holes not lining up.

just before i saw your post i thought the same thing. The bore of the hole is the same. All i need to do is use my old sprocket as the template then drill 'em and be happy. Lol.