Recent content by Livin' La Vida

1. L

Timing issues

Got it setup to run, wrapped the rope and spun it a couple times nothing. Rotating it around heard a little "breath". The threads for the sparkplug finally gave up the ghost. Now I understand that the sparkplug threads are not usually one for wearing out in an engine. But this guy was pulled...
  2. L

Timing issues

So took a long hard look at it today....... no dimple, nub, slanted tooth or anything the sorts thereof. So i set it for the keyway crank side to mesh with the slot cam side as Dr. Shop Teacher said and we'll see how it goes tomorrow. Here's hoping she chooches.
  3. L

Timing issues

It's definitely a 50's H50. I ran the numbers a while back and don't remember the exact year, and as i don't have the plate near me(i'll have to look for it) It's a cool little motor. It's got a 1" shaft, a boss on the side of the block for a vibratory fuel pump, cast iron liner... The crank...
  4. L

Timing issues

So here's the story, a 50's Tecumseh 5hp walks into a bar...... Long story short, I had to do piston rings on it and im trying to put the cam and crank back in and lined up. I can't find the timing mark on the crank...... the cam side one is very visible, but there isn't a single...
  5. L

Tecumseh 1563A Carb Help

There shouldn't be a stack of gaskets. Just one gasket, and one diaphragm. If these are put on the out of order, then it will leak fuel. It sounds like you need a new diaphragm. When they sit for long periods of time they tend to get stiff and will keep the needle valve open. The needle is...
  6. L

Tecumseh 1563A Carb Help

There is something very not right if that diaphragm carb is letting that much fuel into the engine..... First and foremost, putting the carb back together. There is a tiny spring, a needle, and a 9/32 threaded plug that screws into the bottom of the carb in the center. The order of assembly on...
  7. L

Charging systems

Thanks to all the ideas. Doc, I had a very similar idea but instead of a jackshaft just bolting the alternator onto the frame on its pivot and then using a two step pulley.(one for propulsion, the other for alternator) but the cost of those small alternators quickly discourage the idea as they...
  8. L

Charging systems

Is there anybody out there that's made a alternator/generator that functions on small engines that didnt have one from the factory? Im building a bike with what i presume is an 80's(??? havent run the number yet) Tecumseh 3.0hp edger engine. The bike will be using a headlight and turn signals as...
  9. L

Engine question

Thank ya kindly. I hope you have a pleasant evening. -Kyle
  10. IMG_07704

IMG_07704

11. L

Engine question

Fuel pump mount? Like a diaphragm one? Or like an electric fuel pump? -Kyle
  12. L

Engine question

I'm new to this forum, i usually work on bigger engines, but small engines have always been interesting to me. I'm a little confused, an engine i got from a neighbor for free(hell yeah)(what i believe is an H50, the starter cover is rusted badly, and there's no decals. But the head bolt pattern...