Recent content by mbx10

1. M

Need help removing clutch

I am now using 1 setscrew on the key and it seems stable now - no sliding.
  2. M

Last time I tried to upload photos to my photos here on the website, it didn't take. Have to figure it out. I'll check out that forum. I noticed my new HF Predator 6.5hp doesn't have that step on the shaft others are mentioning. I can slide a 3/4 inch washer all over it. no step.
  3. M

What spacer? No spacer came with my Maxtorque 3/4" #35 clutch from OMBWharehouse. Am I supposed to order a spacer?
  4. M

Look what I got from Motovox today

I repowered it with a hf predator 6.5 and brought it to Windber 2012. Had a blast on the trails! All kinds of power and I weigh 235lbs. BTW keep bottom half of shipping frame as itakes a very stable way to haul your Minibike. I just fold handlebars down and slide it in back of my Outlander...
  5. M

Look what I got from Motovox today

I have a mbx10. I swapped out the rear bolts from the seat for longer Bolts and added a stiff 2 inch spring on each bolt. I put blue permatx thread lock on threads in seat so you don't lose the bolts when riding.
  6. M

hf predator 212cc for $99

Ok I'll pick up a couple and try them... It just seems the holes are smaller than 8mm on new predators.
  7. M

hf predator 212cc for $99

Hey Gumpit.. What size bolts fit in the 4 holes around the shaft on the hf 6.5 predator? I'm tying to mount a new clutch/ chain guard on my Motovox. They are smaller than 5/16 - 24 for sure.
  8. M

Honda/Clone 5.5 and 6.5 hp Bolt size and torque specs

I'm looking for these 4 bolts for the predator 6.5 212 cc as well. It seems they are some kind of metric M7 bolt. 5/16 24 UNF works on Hondas but not the new Predators. Have you fount the correct bolts for yours yet?
  9. M

I believe I do need the one on the key . Without it, my clutch slides 1/2 inch to 1 inch on the shaft with just the key and end bolt. I do use the 2 small washers and lock washer setup before the fender washer.
  10. M

OldMiniBikes exhaust

Yep. Me Too...on my Predator, got the rear nut on and tightened with open end wrench. Also, I drilled out the holes in the header flange a bit to ease mounting.
  11. M

Ok Thanks Jeep2003 for the setscrew info. BTW, How do you shim the clutch in the back? I have the washer between the bolt and shaft, but if you put a washer behind the clutch, what holds it in place?
  12. M

Buckeye, On my Max Torque clutch, I have noticed some play between the clutch bell and the snap ring that holds it on. Is this normal? Or should I shim it somehow?
  13. M

Ok. Good to know.. BTW Ace, Ogy, What in your opinion is a good Torque Wrench Ft/Lbs setting for that crank bolt? On a 3/4" shaft is 17 ft lbs sufficient? I read some 6.5hp Clone Specs said 30 ft lbs. Also do you need both setscrews or just the one on the Key? Don't like the idea of gouging...
  14. M

Wow. Lots of good help here from you guys. Thanks!