Recent content by McPower

1. McPower

Tubing

Stock Car Steel online has all size and wall thickness tubing and fast, reasonable shipping.
  2. McPower

Take me to engine School...

The hemi has larger chamber head so even with the piston flush with the deck and a thin head gasket you don't have the compression as the clone style does. The hemi heads can worked,but are limited to total lift.
  3. McPower

DB30 Make-Over

Draggin Doodle test and tune, Great day at the track and lots of fun. Bike improved with every pass,a few jet changes and a little clutch tuning and it's starting to come alive. All runs made in the left lane with the last 4 passes made in 2 lap hotlaps with a little time in between the two...
  4. McPower

Take me to engine School...

The old style has a different size cam journal than a hemi and clone.
  5. McPower

DB30 Make-Over

Thanks guys, test with the torque converter went kinda wild with the 12 tooth output, so went to a 15 and was better but still wheeled very easy if not over the bars. I don't think the mph will be where I want ,so for now converter removed and going to see what it will run straight off the...
  6. McPower

DB30 Make-Over

Bike is finished and ready to make some passes. Bike has been named, The Draggin Doodle
  7. McPower

Custom Drag Project

I'm digging the frame layout also, what size rear tire are going to be running.
  8. McPower

DB30 Make-Over

More progress on the db
  9. McPower

FLAT TRACK BIKE

Man! That thing looks great, I really like it, did you build the frame ?
  10. McPower

460 Big Block Drag Bike

Track length is 1/8 mile, Shadyside Dragway,local to me about 15 minutes away,they've been racing there for over 50 years. It was a Dirt surface when first opened. Mph and ET are numbers in next post,is at test n tune tonight :scooter:
  11. McPower

460 Big Block Drag Bike

Ready to make some passes
  12. McPower

460 Big Block Drag Bike

Update on 460,all fab work complete and painting finished. Color is Electric Blue Pearl with a little holographic flake with clear coat. Thanks to Jr paint and body for the great paint work :cool:
  13. McPower

Mini Gote 5hp engine story.

If the rod journal on the crankshaft is in good shape, it's worth 3x what you paid.
  14. McPower

Anything Goes! Colman CT200. Build

Coletrain goes for a test and tune. 62.77 mph in eighth mile
  15. McPower

460 Big Block Drag Bike

This one belongs to a good friend of mine ,going to see just how fast a mini can go:scooter:.Here is a few pics of the engine mount cut out and replaced with .120 wall tubing and an inch and quarter lower