Recent content by mikey9821

1. M

Please help I'm Desperate

Well here is my cam and cover after some touch up. What do you guys think?
  2. M

Is the bearing presses onto the crank? Or should it slide off with minimal effort? Should I get the bearing off the crank and put it in the cover first, then put the cover on?
  3. M

Please help! I just ruined the side cover and cam. It chewed the side cover for some reason after I had taken it apart to remove the governor parts. I need a replacement side cover and cam. Can anyone help? Also, does the side cover gasket serve as a shim? Or can I just use some red RTV...
  4. M

Need B&S model number please help

Please help! I just ruined the side cover and cam. It chewed the side cover for some reason after I had taken it apart to remove the govonor parts. I need a replacement side cover and cam. Can anyone help? Also, does the side cover gasket serve as a shim? Or can I just use some red RTV?
  5. M

Havasu Dave, I'm stoked that I ended up with a motor that has some good performance potential. However for now, it will remain basically stock. It's for a Dune Cat for my 4 and 6 year old girls. Maybe after they get some seat time I'll start tunning it up.
  6. M

Don't worry danford1. I understand the frustrations that can come from posting questions of forums. I can see both sides of the argument. damned if you do, damned if you don't.
  7. M

I have a B&S I/C that came with a Dune Cat I am restoring. I need some help identifying the model number so I can get gaskets and other parts. The model number that was stamped on starter shroud is illegible. I have already removed the carb, muffler and gas tank. IF those items are needed to...
  8. M

Wanted: Dune Cat wheels

I am in search of a set of wheels for a Muskin Dune Cat. If you have a good quality set, light rust, not bent, front and/or rear, or know of new wheels that look and mount the same as the original wheels I would be extremely interested.
  9. M

New rides entry: 1975 Muskin Dune Cat

mikey9821 1975 Muskin Dune Cat My Muskin Dune Cat I am restoring for my two Daughters. I had one when I was their age and am extremely excited to give them the same joy I had.
  10. M

New Dune Cat restoration

Hi Guys. I'm reliving my child hood by restoring an old Dune Cat for my daughters. I had one when I was kid and loved it (blue one). I am looking for a few parts. The wheels on the one I now have are pretty rusted and rough. I need to find new replacements, or used ones that are in decent...
  11. M

Popping/backfire on deceleration?

This is generally because with high engine RPM and closed throttle, the carbureted is running on the idle circuit. As a result the engine is excessively lean at this point. The small amount of air/fuel is unable to combust in the chamber and is generally passed through to the exhaust system. A...
  12. M

Muskin Dune Car body

Searching for a Dune Cat body so I can build a second Dune Cat using the original one I already have as a guide. I can fabricate the frame and mechanical part of the kart with ease, its the body I can't do. I can repair a lot of fiberglass, but with out a mold, I can't make a whole one from...