Recent content by OddJobGarage

1. OddJobGarage

Tote Gote engine replacement?

This is a model B. It just looks to me like the tanks would be in the way of the brake or rubbing against the rear wheel.
  2. OddJobGarage

It looks like it's just a normal drive shaft, so I don't think so.
  3. OddJobGarage

The tanks on these engines are mounted on the right, but I don't think they'll fit. The tank on the current engine is on the left.
  4. OddJobGarage

I found these two old B&S motors. Are they a good replacement for a Gote? I need to get them running and then I think probably swap the fuel tank from the left to right side. Will they work? I've had a few folks balk at the idea of antique engines, but I feel like these are just fine.
  5. OddJobGarage

Treating rust inside the frame?

Hey all! Wondering if I should be worrying about the rust that I'm sure has built up inside the frame tubing. Is it something to be concerned with? Is there an easy way to treat it? Or should I just worry about external surfaces? I've started cleaning off the frame now.
  6. OddJobGarage

Tote Gote Resto: Rear Axle Removal?

Reporting back, grinder worked like a charm and the axle is off! Chains, axles, bearings all off now. Next is the engine and a few pieces here and there like the brake, and I'm ready to start buffing off all that rust. Thanks all for the guidance!
  7. OddJobGarage

I'll give it a try tonight and see if it'll work! Hoping I'll have space to get a wheel in there, that's the main problem I think.
  8. OddJobGarage

That’s what I was worried about. Alright, I’ll see what I can try next!
  9. OddJobGarage

Looking at the hardware, it seems like the top side nuts are welded to the frame, which seems to contradict a video I watched where a fella just took those off and the rear axle dropped right out. The bottom side are mismatched and the hex bolt has no visible threads. Couple of questions then...
  10. OddJobGarage

Picked up what I think is an old Tote Gote model B?

Ah, I understand. I'll try it out!
  11. OddJobGarage

The paint is in such bad shape I don't think it'll matter at this point, I was going to strip it down to the bare metal and refinish it if possible. I'll let you know how it goes!
  12. OddJobGarage

The front brakes are gone, so I don't have to worry about that. Looks like the back ones are dry rotted, so I will probably have to replace them too. Always good to be careful though!
  13. OddJobGarage

Thank you! I'm looking forward to getting it running and looking like new.
  14. OddJobGarage

I believe it's the stock climbaway, it doesn't look like the Salisbury after a quick google. Bless you for having this schematic, I couldn't find it anywhere!
  15. OddJobGarage

Wondering if anyone has advice on getting it running again! Rear axle seems like it might be seized, a lot of rusted bolts. I have some PB Blaster, but any other suggestions on how to tear down with minimal damage?