Tote Gote Resto: Rear Axle Removal?

IMG_5225.jpeg IMG_5229.jpeg IMG_5226.jpeg IMG_5228.jpeg
Looking at the hardware, it seems like the top side nuts are welded to the frame, which seems to contradict a video I watched where a fella just took those off and the rear axle dropped right out. The bottom side are mismatched and the hex bolt has no visible threads. Couple of questions then; Is this factory or am I dealing with someone’s patch up job? And, what should I try next?

Just looking at the pictures, I think I would use a cutoff wheel to cut the welds under the original nuts, drive the bolts out of the axle and remove the axle. I would get new nuts and bolts, and weld the new nuts back in place of the originals.
Good luck,

Just looking at the pictures, I think I would use a cutoff wheel to cut the welds under the original nuts, drive the bolts out of the axle and remove the axle. I would get new nuts and bolts, and weld the new nuts back in place of the originals.
Good luck,
I'll give it a try tonight and see if it'll work! Hoping I'll have space to get a wheel in there, that's the main problem I think.