Recent content by Phil1958

1. Phil1958

Anyone have a mega moto 212?

it's too bad another US manufacturer bit the dust. when i had my little retail shop in alexandria bay, ny open and running i sold lots of the mb80's and the smaller electric jobs. brown boonies grandson "mushroom" won a mb80 last year at the2018 NNY minibike fest. the factory was a pleasure...
  2. Phil1958

3RD ANNUAL NORTHERN NEW YORK CAMP AND RIDE.

trail report - we had a massive storm last night and this morning. lots of standing water up and down the main trail from redwood to theresa. it's still pretty dry by the sand pits. both minor and major loops are dry and fast. there is some erosion on the hills that will swallow a small tire...
  3. Phil1958

count me in! :cool:
  4. Phil1958

New Shop Tool: Covel Surface Grinder

a couple, or so, people asked me where am i going with this surface grinder. this is where it all started; when i got my mill and figured how to NOT use it i slowly started out how to properly use it and the tool bits associated with its' use. at first i produced crap on it. nothing was flat, or...
  5. Phil1958

whew! dodged a bullet on the mill spindle!!!! back to the surface grinder. everything is back together, got the 3 phase converter and control panels wired and mounted. next 'goal' is to dress then balance the grinding wheel. the little rectangular piece of steel with the slanted round is a...
  6. Phil1958

alright, i put some thought into this. measuring runout on the outside of the spindle or through a collet and dowel pin will let me measure total runout, the sum of spindle runout and the tooling runout. i put a dial test indicator on the taper inside the spindle, hand turning 1 spindle...
  7. Phil1958

the runout is .0005" at the spindle and the same three inches down on a ground 1/2" pin.
  8. Phil1958

i will try to remember to NOT trash 50 bucks of fine M42 tool bits and $12.95 worth of cheap chinese 123 blocks next time. it is probably for the best i killed the 123 block. when i got it my mindset was " steel is steel, and square is square", i ended getting a pair from suburban tool, the 11...
  9. Phil1958

these poor little guys broke during two separate "goofs". on the left is a 3/4" hss cobalt roughing mill. i was squaring up a piece of 1/4" plate steel, a neighbor stopped by to talk, i turned off the spindle but left the x power feed on. heard a loud band. trashed the end mill and had to tram...
  10. Phil1958

trail update - i rode the entire trail system today on my buggy. all is good, there is some water by the joiner road entrance where owens chinese CT-70 clone started to dissolve and his boots filled up with water and tadpoles. not much dust and the main segments of the railroad bed are...
  11. Phil1958

i make that mistake all the time too!
  12. Phil1958

take rte 81 north to exit 49. turn right. go 3+- miles and turn left on rte 37. go 6 miles to redwood and turn right on cottage hill rd. stay on cottage hill rd about 4 miles. turn right on hart flats road. entrance is up 200ft on the right.
  13. Phil1958

Go Power and Kidney Bean Sprockets, PVL Flywheels

both sprockets SOLD!!!!!!
  14. Phil1958

Go Power and Kidney Bean Sprockets, PVL Flywheels

I keep on finding more stuff in my sheds. What we have here is a brand new 60 tooth #35 sprocket for go power rims. Next up is a brand new 45 tooth #40/41 sprocket for kidney bean rims. Lastly is are two PVL flywheels for a GX200/Clone. It says its good up to 17,000 rpm o_O Sprockets are...
  15. Phil1958

More Bonanza Spring/Summer Cleaning #2

Really Beat Up Forks SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!