Recent content by Rando76

1. Rando76

Heald SuperTryke STX16 restoration thread

Life has taken over and not much has been done. The frame is completely painted with IH red, which Ron tells me is the color they used. I only have pictures of the rear frame to post right now. I have ordered everything I need from Ron and have it all on a shelf, ready to install. Now all I...
  2. Rear frame painted

Rear frame painted

3. Rear frame painted

Rear frame painted

4. Rando76

My 1st Super Bronc VT-8

Cool find!
  5. Rando76

Trisport differential removal help needed...

Yes, the gears on the end of each axle are held on by a retaining clip. If you have some retaining clip pliers, it is much easier to get off. Here is what it looks like: The pin and gears in the middle sit in the indention on the housing. To install, stand one side of the axle on its...
  6. Rando76

Kohler 295cc 2 stroke 20HP

I'll have to get mine apart to see what it looks like. I've run into car trouble, so I didn't have time last weekend to look at it. I'll be doing some auto repair this weekend too. When I get it apart, I'll post pictures.
  7. Rando76

That's the problem. Nobody around here has never seen anything like this before, even the shops that deal with Kohlers. Remember that we don't have snowmobiles in Oklahoma. :shrug: When I first bought it about 12 years ago, I found a carb kit from a supplier in the northeast. It took a...
  8. Rando76

Great info! Where do I find the kit? Can I get it from Lost Viking or GPI? I have a 20 ton hydraulic press. I need to open mine up and see what you guys are talking about. I might take you up on that offer. Thanks!
  9. Rando76

That looks like it. How do we verify it is a 295cc?
  10. Rando76

Thanks! I'll try. I'll need several things to get it going. Is it a Kohler block? I'll send you a PM.
  11. Rando76

I have a Kohler of Canada 295cc 20HP 2 stroke on a Heald SuperTryke. It had a loose rod when I bought it about 12 years ago and I've never done anything with it. I restored the whole SuperTryke and stopped when I got to the motor. Where can I buy parts for this? I searched the forum with no...
  12. Rando76

Carl Heald Super Tryke on CL

I have one just like this - a SST2021. I didn't know only 200 were made!
  13. Rando76

My 1st Super Bronc VT-8

Besides the tires and wheels, that looks like an all original SuperTryke. The seat looks like it has been reupholstered too. It's an older SuperTryke (70's) based off the frame length and floorboard.
  14. Rando76

My 1st Super Bronc VT-8

Cool find!
  15. Rando76

Chrome powder coat comparisons

Yes, that is obvious on the brake handles I have. They were rusted badly. They look better now, but you can see all the pits. It's also obvious on some of the tubing in the picture, but anything pitted on the tubing slides inside the frame. :thumbsup: Luckily, the fenders I am thinking of...